Assurant is always looking for qualified candidates to fill current or future openings.
This position is a remote position. The work hours for this position can run anywhere from 8:00am – 10:00pm EST Monday through Friday and 8:00am – 8:00pm EST on Saturday.
When you walk through our door, you’re not just starting a job. You’re starting a career at a company that cares about you. Our offices are a community of people passionate about engaging and helping people across the country. With competitive pay and benefits that start on your first day, Assurant’s a company ready to invest in you. But don’t take our word for it. Our benefits speak for themselves. Here’s just a peek at what we offer:
- Generous paid-time-off package with 23 total days, including holidays, within your first year
- Undergraduate tuition reimbursement programs
- Various work schedules and potential to work from home
- Stock purchasing options along with a 401k and additional financial resources
- Potential to share in the company’s success through a performance bonus
- Health, dental and personal wellness plans
- And more …
At Assurant, you’ll find a team eager to help you grow your career and find meaning in your work. Are you ready to join?
What is a Customer Care Specialist at Assurant?
The Customer Care Specialist is a key position within Assurant because you’re the voice of our organization and clients. You’re highly valued as our customer’s primary point of contact, and you care about helping others. The customer experience is at the forefront of all you do, exceeding expectations at every turn. You’re a listener, problem solver and believe in quality. You enjoy being on the phone, and customers hear your smile as you patiently help them find a resolution.
Why You Should Consider This Role
- You love helping and connecting with people.
- You’re a problem solver who likes to think on your feet and enjoys a challenge.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- You believe the details are important and actively listen for them.
- You go above and beyond because you want to, not because you have to.
Incentive program: The amount of this payment ranges from 0 - $4,800 annually depending on meeting quality, adherence and attendance goals monthly with payments made on a quarterly basis.
What You Will Like
- The diversity — every day and every customer is different.
- The opportunity to demonstrate your unique problem-solving abilities to our customers and to the rest of your team.
- The difference in the value Assurant places on great customer service and the recognition you’ll receive from our customers and our leaders when you exceed our customer’s expectations.
- Opportunity to learn, grow and advance within our Fortune 500 company.
- Competitive starting pay in a highly motivated pay-for-performance environment.
- Handle in-bound calls from our customers by researching and resolving loan-level inquiries in hazard insurance, mortgage banking and property loss.
- This role requires listening to our customers’ concerns and showing empathy while resolving their issues.
- Because every customer is different, we expect you to take the initiative to truly understand our customers’ current challenges, solve them and use your expertise to proactively help them avoid future challenges.
- You may be asked to participate in special projects, assume new responsibilities and adjust priorities as requested.
- A robust paid training environment enables you to learn the business, the systems, the policies and, most importantly, how to effectively engage and resolve customer challenges. Training will be a combination of classroom, online and side-by-side observations.
What You Should Know About Us
Assurant is the company that protects and secures the places people live and the things they buy. We’re a Fortune 500 company with approximately 16,000 employees in 21 countries across North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia-Pacific. We help keep life running smoothly for more than 300 million people around the world. Protecting 38 million mobile devices. 40 million motor vehicles. 80 million appliances. 36 million mortgages. And that's just the beginning.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Strong attention to detail
- Great conversation skills and ability to WOW customers on every call
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills
- Relentless drive to own the customer’s problem and resolve it
- Ability to adapt well to change
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think outside of the box to resolve problems
- Ability to multitask using technology, including call handling, loan-level review and call documentation
- Minimum high school diploma or GED, and 1 year of work experience required
- College degree with 0-1 year of work experience, preferred
- If you are being hired for a remote position, you are required to have internet services with a minimum internet speed of 15 Mbps on the download side and a minimum of 3 Mbps on the upload side. You can test your internet speed at www.speedtest.net or by contacting your service provider.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.