Assurant provides an excellent learning environment for Interns. We are seeking a Reporting Analytics Intern to join our team this summer! The intern will assist our team to strengthen the Analytics Value Chain by collecting the right data, providing comprehensive analysis and insights that lead to sound business decisions and concrete actions which realize value for our clients and our business.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Assist the Team by performing data collection, data analysis, digital analysis and reporting of key measurements
- Assist with analyzing and developing innovative new and/or existing process changes
- Manage data through various reporting tools for data analysis to support various projects
- Research new technologies and abilities that enable a data-driven culture
- Participate in brainstorming sessions in the development of new solutions
With this opportunity, the intern has the potential to gain experience, enhance skill sets and competencies that will make them better prepared for future roles:
- Exposure to a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Improve Critical Thinking Skills
- Strengthen Problem Solving Skills
- Enhance usage of Analytical Tools and Techniques
- Increase hands-on experience in SQL, SQL Server, SaaS, SharePoint, Microsoft Workspaces and more
- Ability to conduct a business presentation and recommend a course of action based on research and supported by data
- Understanding of Data Warehouse principles and best practices
- Ability to draw insights from data set that are actionable for the business
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Enrolled full-time in college (carrying 12 or more undergraduate credits, or 9 or more graduate credits) in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Business Management, Information Systems or related program of study. Master’s degree candidates will also be considered.
- Completed first year of a two-year associates degree program or a four-year bachelor's degree program.
- Be in good academic standing (as defined by a GPA of 2.0 or higher).
- 2 years of strong Excel and SSRS experience.
- Exposure to Tableau 2022.1 or higher preferred
- Exposure to data analysis and forecasting techniques will be a plus
- Ability to use online chat tools (Microsoft Teams, skype, slack etc.) and online meetings and presentation (zoom, teams etc.) desirable
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow up skills
- Organized and able to work under constantly changing priorities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Professional demeanor
- Possess a positive outlook, viewing challenges as opportunities
- Analytical/strategic thinker
- Ability to quickly learn new applications
- Competently handle ambiguity and the corresponding ability to quickly provide sound decisions and perform tasks with less than complete information
- Strong computer skills; proficient in MS Office Suite
- Experience in SQL Server, Digital Analytics, Machine learning, Power BI; knowledge of data management/warehousing and Power BI are highly desired
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures, and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking, and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.