This is a high-impact role that will support the expansion of an automated control testing program. The role will understand critical business processes, conduct data analysis, and will develop Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) for automated, near real-time risk monitoring as part of Global Risk Analytics Platform capability. To achieve program outcomes, the role will also collaborate extensively with Global Risk colleagues, as well as others from various teams to drive key deliverables e.g., Technology, Product Management, and Compliance.
As part of risk management (2nd line of defense), this role will report to the Manager of Internal Controls & Analytics and will have the following responsibilities:
- Developing & supporting the Design the Global Risk Analytics Platform (Automated predictive & detective risk metrics, inc. KRIs & KPIs)
- Design and Develop key risk indicators (KRIs) for assessing business processes
- The role will understand critical business processes, conduct data analysis, and will develop Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) for automated, near real-time risk monitoring
- Partner with Business Risk colleagues & process owners to understand testing automation needs
- Define solutions/data insights that can be leveraged by the business, risk and controls teams to drive business outcomes.
- Identify and assess operational risk exposures across different processes and operations through the Risk analytics that you design to detect critical areas or groups of operations with an increased risk level, and to identify risks and effective mitigation strategies.
Write KRI code (logic) by leveraging appropriate data after understanding detailed specifications of business processes, reviewing output of back-testing, and correcting and refining the logic to ensure that KRIs are working properly
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.