Assurant provides an excellent learning environment for Interns. We are seeking a Sales and Marketing Intern to join our Asset Value Recovery Team in La Vergne, TN this summer! The intern will assist our team with innovative and creative solutions that support our AVR sales strategies, reduce costs, increase revenue and positively impact the client value proposition and or customer experience.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Assist the team with developing and implementing projects, initiatives, and improvements.
- Work with AVR team on sales strategies, sales and warehouse operations, and processes
- Manage data through various reporting tools for data analysis to support various projects
- Use continuous improvement methods to identify ways to optimize program effectiveness, efficiency and quality
- Participate in brainstorming sessions in the development of new solutions
- Support the overall AVR Team efforts to deliver strong sales performance and best-in-class customer experience
With this opportunity, the intern has the potential to gain experience, enhance skill sets and competencies that will make them better prepared for future roles:
- Exposure to a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Improve critical thinking, problem solving, project management, and relationship building skills
- Enhance usage of Analytical Tools and Techniques
- Experience working with internal, domestic, and international customers
- Experience with driving project completion
- Increase hands-on experience in SharePoint, Microsoft Workspaces and more
- Ability to conduct a business presentation and recommend a course of action based on research and supported by data
- Ability to draw insights from data set that are actionable for the business
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Enrolled full-time in college (carrying 12 or more undergraduate credits, or 9 or more graduate credits) in Business Management, Marketing, Communications, or related program of study. Master’s degree candidates will also be considered.
- Completed first year of a two-year associates degree program or a four-year bachelor's degree program.
- Be in good academic standing (as defined by a GPA of 2.0 or higher).
- 2 years of strong Excel experience
- Strong Communication and Presentation Skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Enjoys meeting and talking with clients and able to manage relationships and conversations to meet business objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including public speaking/presenting and delivering presentations or ideas to an executive audience
- Detail oriented with excellent follow up skills
- Organized and able to work under constantly changing priorities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Professional demeanor
- Possess a positive outlook, viewing challenges as opportunities
- Analytical/strategic thinker
- Ability to quickly learn new applications
- Competently handle ambiguity and the corresponding ability to quickly provide sound decisions and perform tasks with less than complete information
- Strong computer skills; proficient in MS Office Suite
- Experience with Oracle or other ERP
The target pay for this intern role is $18.00/hr - $21.00/hr. The amount may differ due to a wide range of factors, including candidate background, experience and work location.
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures, and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking, and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.