Job Purpose (Why job exists)
This job will take initiatives to lead sales activities of Assurant Japan’s products and services to prospective clients and developing new relationships with prospective new clients and successfully launching new business periodically, in order to deliver annual NOI targets. This job will also be managing key relationships with key decision makers in assigned accounts, promoting and marketing our products and services to expand businesses with existing accounts.
Primary Job Accountabilities/ Responsibilities
- Develop, retain, and deepen relationship with assigned clients
- Pull together ideas/ proposals that meet needs of assigned clients, get them approved internally following proper steps, present and sell them to the clients and win deals
- Identify potential new clients and deliver a strong business development ensuring our key products and services are being marketed actively to key decision makers
- Negotiate contracts with clients
- Manage business risk and cost performance in line with Assurant Japan budget
- Ensure strict adherence to all prevailing compliance and regulatory standards
- Proactively keep relevant teams including but not limited to Sales/BD, Operations, Supply Chain, IT updated on potential deals and opportunities to enable all who are involved in materializing the opportunity to have sufficient lead time for delivery
Responsible for assigned NOI target
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related discipline
- Min 7 years of sales experience
- Excellent communication skills both in writing and verbally
- Native Japanese language and advanced English language capabilities
- Good at relationship building and influencing without position power
- Self-starter, proactive, open to ideas, flexible, resilient, smart, and team player
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership
- Can do attitude
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Experience in working in a matrix global organization
- Being comfortable working with a certain level of ambiguity
- Experience in working mobile and/or insurance industry
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Assurant, Inc. is a global leader in business services for the connected world. Our lifestyle and housing solutions help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We support, connect and service over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 500, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the company are governed based on merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.