The Salesforce Engineering Manager is accountable for managing and coordinating resources and processes to deliver software releases of products, while participating in defining the strategy for the product development team by driving initiatives that deliver on the vision.
Manages a team of software engineers that architect and design enterprise software products and operating systems. Writes product requirement documents, implements, and tracks development timelines, and negotiates feature sets with the development leads and product teams. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Work together with the product owner to plan and execute projects, ensure that teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring the projects remain on target to meet deadlines.
- Work closely with the Product Owners for understanding the system’s functional and non-functional requirements.
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
- Design, execute, utilize, and maintain software engineering applications.
- Supervise training and development of software engineering staff.
- Supervise software engineering deliverables.
- Manages continuing support and provide system metrics for client facing products.
- Help translation of business requirements into technical needs and actions.
- Supervise reporting responsibility for independent software contractors, software engineers and outsourcing partners.
- Ensure software engineering personnel is suitably trained to perform all job function and suitably use project and software related tools.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- BS or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years in an engineering management role
- 3+ years participating in Agile development
- Experience with test-driven development and software test automation
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Experience in Programming Languages
- Experience with Windows operating systems and shell scripting
- Understanding of relational databases (MSSQL, MySQL)
- Understanding of cloud hosting and server availability behind a load balancer and fire wall
- Experience using agile development methodologies
- Familiar with the configuration management process in the SDLC. Managing software release from development to QA to UAT and Productions with the help of the deployment group
- Strong leadership, project management skills, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills; able to translate business requirements into technical needs and actions
- Willingness to dive into software environments and technical issues
- Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
Assurant, Inc. is a global leader in business services for the connected world. Our lifestyle and housing solutions help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We support, connect and service over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 500, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the company are governed based on merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.