Overview of Position
The security administrator position will provide and serve as a SME for technical support and serve as a liaison for activities related to security, compliance, audits and reporting. The role will support technical security/compliance related customer requests and execute and maintain procedures to support related projects as an SME.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Complete security and compliance requests within defined timeframe and expectations
- Inform manager with any concerns related to security or compliance based off role access or SOD concerns.
- Assist with external, internal or 3rd party compliance or audit requests
- Track, report and maintain all processes, tools and documentation related to security and compliance procedures
- Support owners of internal and regulatory controls such as SOX, SSAE18, ISO and PCI by providing the appropriate documentation and position of compliance
- Handle activities of moderate to high risk and complexity
- Participate in medium to large projects as required
- Provide technical or process leadership for each project by analyzing and assessing security tasks required for the project.
- Provide manager with appropriate status reporting
- Identify and inform manager of any issues, concerns, or vulnerabilities within the project
- Create task and test plans on projects
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 1 to 2 years of IT, security administrator or related experience
- Basic understanding of IT, Security and Compliance with some specific knowledge or experience in a related discipline
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Associates of Arts, Two Year Technical Certification or related experience
- Professional certifications (MCSA, Network+, Security +, etc.)
- Work independently, demonstrate initiative, adapt to change, engage in collaborative thinking, work in a virtual setting and maintain attention to detail
- Good customer service, communication and relationship skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal/external clients, management, and other IT and business resources.
- Ability to handle multiple, complex tasks at the same time.
Assurant, Inc. is a global leader in business services for the connected world. Our lifestyle and housing solutions help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We support, connect and service over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 500, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the company are governed based on merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.