Security Architect - Home Based Role
About Assurant :
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. A creative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to support our customers and clients.
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
Our continued year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. We need a range of professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies to excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward. Every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customers.
Reporting to the VP, Information Security Architect you will provide guidance on the development of solutions for all aspects of information security. You will understand all aspects of security and technology – including policies, standards and regulatory requirements. You will help design and reduce business exposure to information security risks. Risks may include cyber security, information security, data loss prevention, intrusion prevention, and the availably of information systems. You will also lead virtual groups and projects.
Other responsibilities include;
- Conduct security risk assessments for internal and external clients and business partners at the request of the senior security leaders and/or Information Security Office.
- Ensure requirements are aligned to information security policies, standards and align to best practices
- Promote and help remediate gaps in regard to the security control framework.
- Provide support for mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
- Manage and lead security projects and/or initiatives
- Present security assessment and posture to leadership teams (ie. Data Governance)
You will have the following skills;
- 7+ of experience the field of IT, Information Security, Compliance, Audit or Risk (with a broad range of exposure to all aspects of business continuity, systems analysis, risk management, application development and information security)
- 5+ years of experience in leading teams or projects
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Appropriate certification preferred:
- Certificated Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Certificated Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Strong understanding of frameworks and regulations, examples include:
- ISO 27001
- PCI DSS
- Exceptional technical skills and understanding of IT infrastructure, applications and governance
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be.
We offer a great range of benefits which our employees value and help make Assurant the best place to learn and work. Our benefits reflect our commitment to attract, engage and retain the most talented people and offer a diverse selection of benefits to suit you whilst working at Assurant. And from flexible working to BOOST (our internal wellbeing programme) from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.