The security compliance analyst position will provide and serve as a resource for security and compliance related tasks and projects. This role will develop, support, and execute processes that enforce Assurant security policies and standards, regulatory requirements, contractual agreements/obligations and any other IT related security or privacy requirements.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
Vendor Management Support
- Evaluate vendor security assessments and questionnaires
- Manage multiple projects/issues concurrently
- Lead, organize and participate in meetings required for vendor remediation
- Provide senior security analyst or manager with a weekly status report
- Identify and inform senior security analyst or manager of any issues, concerns, or remediation and risk items within the assessment
Support and maintain process related to security vendor assessments
- Collaboration with other Assurant (i.e. IAS, Privacy, IT Legal) and vendor contacts on IT compliance-related issues and concerns
- Monitor and communicate metrics on a timely basis to senior security analyst or manager concerning vendor risks issues
- Participate in audit activities, vendor audits (including software audits), client audits, RFP/due diligence reviews, internal audits, SOX, SSAE16
- Manage, support and maintain security and compliance requirements for vendor management
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 1 – 3 (or more) years of experience working with IT, Information Security, legal, audit and compliance with understanding of vendor risk management
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
Associate of Arts degree (or higher), two-year technical certification in Information Systems, Business Management, Computer Science, Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Audit or related
Professional certification(s) (Microsoft Certifications, Network+, Security+, CAP, SSCP, GSEC)
- Strong knowledge of general controls and processes
- Experience in security administrator role
- Understanding of statutory and regulatory requirements relating to privacy, data security and related topics
- Commitment to excellence in customer service and the ability to work both independently and as part of the IT Security and Compliance team is essential
- Good analytical skills to analyze business and IT processes and effectively communicate the compliance risks to the company
- Experience building and maintaining relationships and keeping informed regarding relevant changes throughout Assurant
- Proven track record in analyzing security and compliance related risks
- Experience contributing to projects and multi-tasking with diverse groups and locations
- General knowledge of IT systems, application, infrastructure and network components and processes
- Effective as a member of a virtual team
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.