We are recruiting 2 x Security Officers to cover 2 shift rotations
Shift 1 ; 7am – 3.30pm
Shift 2 ; 3.30pm - midnight
About Assurant :
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. A creative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to support our customers and clients.
At Assurant, diversity helps us inspire creativity in the global marketplace, and we are believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
A diverse and inclusive Assurant helps us better understand and connect with our employees, clients and customers. To achieve this, we believe we must reflect the diversity of the customers we serve
We are recruiting for 2 Security Officers to join our team, ensuring that the Security team on each shift maintains a high level of service to achieve zero stock loss from staff or visitors leaving the building and from collections or deliveries via the loading bay. Ensure that the Assurant building and surrounding area are secure at all times.
Other responsibilities include;
- Liaise with the contracted Security provider to ensure full staff attendance for all shift requirements and arrange cover for holidays and replacements for sickness and absence
- Provide regular performance feedback to 3rd party Security supplier
- Ensure training material for all security staff is created and training records are maintained
- Maintain staff authorized mobile phone lists
- Control of visitor sign in and door access pass issuing
- Co-ordinate security cover for deliveries to Assurant
- Carry out regular security patrols to ensure that the site is secure
- Control of lock and unlock procedure
- Devise and carry out periodic tests to ensure security staff and equipment are performing to the required level
- Ad-hoc CCTV monitoring
- Ensuring that collections and despatches have the correct exit paperwork
- Maintaining document records for traceability
- Be available to occasionally man Reception as and when required
You will have the following skills;
- Previous experience in a supervisory role – 2 years min
- Previous experience in a Security related role
- SIA licence
- Microsoft Office
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be.
We offer a great range of benefits which our employees value and help make Assurant the best place to learn and work. Our benefits reflect our commitment to attract, engage and retain the most talented people and offer a diverse selection of benefits to suit you whilst working at Assurant. And from flexible working to BOOST (our internal wellbeing programme) from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Assurant, Inc. is a global leader in business services for the connected world. Our lifestyle and housing solutions help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We support, connect and service over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 500, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the company are governed based on merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.