Assurant has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Accountant!
The Senior Accountant performs accounting duties to provide accurate and timely financial information to enable senior and product line management to make appropriate business decisions and achieve departmental goals.
- Prepare and process detailed monthly and quarterly journal entries and account analysis
- Prepare account reconciliations and perform follow up activities for pending items
- Prepare complete, accurate and timely financial deliverables in accordance with pertinent accounting guidance and state and federal regulation;
- Proactively manages change in regulatory requirements with stakeholders; serves as subject matter expert for accounting and reporting issues
- Participate in the preparation and distribution of financial reports and analyses
- Work with other departments such as Shares Services, Reinsurance and Tax to ensure overall coordination of financial accounting activities
- Continuously reviews tasks to identify process improvements/efficiencies
- Perform and assist in the planning and implementation of accounting work relating to projects and ad-hoc assignments
- Ensure compliance with internal control policies in a SOX environment
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
- 5 years general accounting experience
Preferred Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- CPA certified a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including pivot tables, V-look ups, etc.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Able to work independently
- Ability to function well in a team oriented environment
- Able to adapt to a flexible work environment
Benefits and Value Proposition
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), generous paid time off and much more.
We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our employees.
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
To learn more about our current opportunities and apply online, please visit: http://www.assurant.jobs < http://www.assurant.jobs/ >
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers < http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers > (@AssurantCareers)
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $30 billion in assets and $9 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,500 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district. www.assurant.com .