This job plays a role in establishing the process and procedures to ensure efficient and effective controls for areas of functional responsibilities specific to reconciliations systems and support. The role is responsible for the Blackline tool, configuration, maturation of the tool, reporting, governance, and supporting integrations and/or projects related to the Blackline tool. The role provides accurate and timely financial information to internal/external customers, Segment and Corporate management, and to regulatory agencies as representation for the Recon CoE. The position serves as an expert in the interpretation and application of broad areas of accounting theory, exercises influence to drive results in the accomplishment of goals and plays a role in enhancing existing processes by identifying alternative solutions and implementation efforts and provides reporting on the health of CoE. This role is familiar with a variety of process concepts, best practices, and procedures.
Position will cultivate a continuous improvement culture, promote ongoing learning, and exhibit a high level of engagement in a fast-paced F&A shared services environment. The ideal candidate must be able to contribute to the Shared Service strategy and execution by applying knowledge and experience and helping develop others by cross-training.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Ensures daily/weekly/monthly admin task are completed timely and accurately
- Responds to request from the admin mailbox and ensures SLAs are met
- Drives towards standardization within recon tool for the enterprise
- Provides adequate metrics and trending reports to management identifying reasons for trend
- Partner with IT on continued optimization within recon tool – further enhance customer experience
- Deploy as project resource impacting reconciliations for the enterprise as well as involved in any Blackline release testing
- Creates and maintains SOPs related to administrative functions and/or project work
- Organize and analyze data on reconciliation status and results in power point to present to management
- Ensures complete, accurate and timely accounting deliverables in accordance with pertinent accounting guidance and governing SOX controls. This can include various audit request
- Is considered a technical expert in areas of responsibilities and can ensure requirements are understood and met by internal and external resources
- Formulates, develops, and administers procedures necessary to implement approved policies and procedures, and provides the overall direction necessary to ensure the delivery of efficient and effective processes
- Collaborates with contributors and coworkers to identify, propose, and implement approved issue resolution alternatives
- Suggests and supports the establishment of metrics/performance reporting
- Ability to work with other internal departments to resolve process or system issues
- Keeps up to date on latest Blackline tool functional, management and process trends to identify and implement best practices.
- Understands strategy and is appropriately connected to strategy through operating goals and measurements.
- Support strategic and work projects as appropriate.
- BA or BS in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of general accounting experience, insurance preferred
- Blackline Reconciliation and Matching module administration experience or other related reconciliation tools, a plus
- Working in a shared services environment, a plus
- MBA or CPA, a plus
- Experience working with Oracle ERP, a plus
- Working knowledge of balance sheet reconciliations
- Understanding of progressive accounting practices and procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically excel and power point
- Knowledge of financial practices (GAAP and STAT preferred)
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements (i.e., SOX, audits)
- Problem analysis and resolution at a functional level – detail and results oriented
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Time sensitive deliverables: will require extended hours during critical close periods as required
- Microsoft BI Reporting / Cubes a plus
- Public accounting experience a plus
- Strong Accounting and/or Audit background
- Strong understanding of SOX controls and other controls over financial reporting
- Strong documentation skills
- Strong financial analysis, analytical abilities and proficient in manipulating and analyzing large, complex, and disparate data sets
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.