Overview of Position
The Senior Product Manager of Assurant Data Analytics COE is responsible for day-to-day execution of the assigned key strategic product/projects for the internal Assurant line of business partners and external clients. The product/project is focused on building Analytics as a Product (AaaP) and plans/manages product features through the product development process in support of the overall line of business strategy with data analytics features and functions (including machine learning and data science products) and integrating them into the line of business processes to improve operational efficiency and business value. This is a cross-functional role that uses business acumen, data/analytics, user experience, customer feedback, vendor tools and technology to create seamless customer experience.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
Product Leadership (50%)
- Act as product owner and drive Analytics as a Product (AaaP) structure & process and provide thought leadership to Assurant’s Data Analytics COE, questioning traditional wisdom, current standard practices, and capabilities.
- Develop, manage, maintain and communicate the product (AaaP) development roadmap
- Work cross-functionally with business owners to develop innovative data analytics products that will increase customer experience, capitalize growth opportunities, deliver competitive advantage and improve decision making.
- Drive execution with the product team, ensuring that everyone is working towards the same goals and impact.
- Act as subject matter expert internally on the AaaP process and platform.
- Own ongoing support for product materials (including training documentation, wiki pages and product guides etc.).
- Strong team player who can proactively partner across teams to identify and solve organizational challenges/opportunities.
Communicating Insights (25%)
- Provides feedback to data analytics and engineering teams on product design (including ML and non-ML solutions), development and communicate the approach and implementation of the ML and non-ML solutions.
- Understand the “why” behind the product features and functions and work with senior management to understand the roadmap, supporting KPIs and can clearly communicate to their product development teams.
- Leverages data to present compelling business cases to optimize investments and operations.
- Presents analysis and resulting recommendations to business and senior management team.
- Communicates and educates both technical and non-technical employees on analytics and data-driven decision making.
Project Management (15%)
- Leads projects and assists in development of project plans, business understanding, business validation, hypothesis testing, presenting complex information for various audiences in simplified terms, and identifying next steps and future opportunity.
- Mentors team members in product management proficiency, analytics storytelling, business acumen and cross-functional agile delivery.
- Collaborates with team members to prioritize requests requiring multiple resources for thorough project completion within stated timelines.
Support Data Strategies (10%)
- Remains abreast of developments in the field(s) of insurance, management, and data analytics by attending self-development programs, interacting with peers, and reviewing pertinent literature. Incorporates advancements when practicable and cost effective.
- Participate and drive data modeling and governance best practices.
- Proactively engages internal and external teams to discover areas of analytical needs.
- Advances company-wide understanding and implementation of AI and machine learning as well as matures the team’s practices and procedures, leveraging learnings from existing implementations.
- Participates in the talent acquisition process by screening and interviewing candidates at all levels.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 8+ years - Experience in product management, business analysis, research, statistics, applied mathematics, data management, business intelligence, or related fields.
- 8+ years - Experience in data analysis that includes translating insights into recommendations.
- 8+ years – Experience in strategy and/or analytics product design & delivery experience in executing world-class analytics products.
- 4+ years - Leading analytical projects.
- 4+ years - Experience with data science development lifecycle (CRISP-DM) and/or an agile software environment (SDLC).
- 2+ years’ demonstrated delivery of business results.
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally in a large organization.
- Demonstrated experience working closely with senior leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to translate data into quantifiable actions/deliverable.
- Master’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Communications, Economics, Computer Science, or Information Management; or equivalent is required.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Master’s Degree preferred in business, mathematics, computer science, or related field.
- Prior product management experience with insurance domain.
- Experience working with Data Analytics teams highly preferred.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate at all levels in the organization.
- Experience with data storytelling and distilling complex information into understandable ideas.
- Experience working in insurance industry.
- Ability to provide innovative approach to problem solving and demonstrate a track record of such.
- Possesses strong analytical and research skills.
- Ability to work independently on all project types.
- Exposure with cloud technologies (e.g. Apache Spark, Azure (Databricks, Azure ML, Cognitive Services)).
- Ability to lead and motivate employees that may or may not be direct reports.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.