The Senior Business Unit System Analyst is responsible for providing expert system support for complex system problems/issues and handling projects that are complex in nature or projects supporting corporate initiatives and impacting other areas (interfaces/sub-systems). The Analyst’s primary role is to support the department’s systems and their interfaces, and the staff by recommending and implementing system enhancements that promote efficiency, compliance, and growth.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE AND PRODUCTION SUPPORT
- Provide production assistance and support in multiple areas. Be the “go to” person/consultant for department’s applications and data.
- Conduct/sign-off on the SOX Audits on the System Access files/tables.
- Enter complex changes to databases, subsystems and user-maintained tables.
- Train System Support Analysts on complex system changes, functions, and tables.
- Assist and provide guidance to peers or those with less experience within the analytical and/or project management area of job.
- Develop and implement Customer Service Level Standards.
- Identify opportunities to improve or gain efficiencies within our system applications and/or are impacted by our applications.
- Resolve complex, non-routine problems and issues where no precedent has been established or exists.
- Identify trends/patterns; facilitate and/or conduct root cause analysis; recommend solution alternatives.
- When possible, implement creative short-term fixes to overcome immediate operational issues while still focusing on long-term solution.
- Assess impact of proposed business solutions on current systems and procedures.
- Independently research, report and implement business solutions for complex problems.
- Ability to identify priority issues and determine which issues can be handled within the authority of an Analyst and being able to discern those issues requiring direction from a higher authority.
- Analyze complex processes, interfaces and sub-system problems for modification.
- Participate in new process definition efforts, as requested.
- Document existing and new business processes and workflows with a high level of complexity.
- Data Mapping of complex files and records resulting from the corporate initiatives that involve system integrations, business acquisitions, and assumptions.
- Identify checkpoints within business processes, metrics for process performance and resource constraints.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of process re-engineering approaches and techniques.
- Comply with corporate and departmental policies.
- Interpret high-level business, compliance and financial needs/requests for complex projects, with little or no background information or foundation.
- Identify impacted functions and departments.
- Facilitate customer sessions and interviews to gather requirements using interviews, observations, document analysis, team meetings, white boards, business process descriptions, scenarios, and workflow analysis.
- Consolidate/combine ideas, issues and observations into a single concept or clear presentation.
- Write business requirements for complex projects, including the definition, scope, objectives, and defining the approach.
- Ensure IT understanding of requested modifications of complex projects, and the accuracy of their technical specification documents.
- Define and document detailed, functional business requirements, including system scope and objectives for complex projects.
- Maintain SOX deliverables in the Forms Repository and conduct SOX audits on the System Access files/tables.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 7 years business analyst experience or 7 years combination of business analyst and industry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, information technology or related field, or 4 years related analyst or industry experience
- Requires knowledge of a variety of applications including mainframe, databases, web based systems, Microsoft suite and Rational tools.
- Project Management certification or related business analysis certification, or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively perform system support duties.
- Ability to quickly learn new applications and equipment.
- Ability to process moderate to highly complex time sensitive data and information from multiple sources, make decisions and communicate actions.
- Experience interpreting and documenting moderate to highly complex workflow processes.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and work independently or as part of a project team to complete multiple tasks.
- Requires knowledge of a variety of applications including mainframe systems, and Microsoft suite.
- Project Management experience and/or Green Belt Certification or Business Analyst Certification a plus.
- 2 or more years Customer Service experience preferred.
$69,800.00 - $116,400.00
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.