Assurant is seeking a Senior Compliance Analyst with the opportunity to work remote from Home!
This position’s overall purpose and objective is to conduct Compliance Reviews to help ensure that Assurant and its clients have appropriate processes and methods to effectively comply with applicable federal and state regulations regarding mortgage insurance processing and lender placement, thereby reducing the companies’ risk and exposure to potential losses. Results are summarized and provided to the Business and to Clients on a periodic basis to demonstrate compliance with government regulatory agency requirements, contracts, agreements and/or standards.
- Responsible for researching, development and performing compliance reviews based upon client, regulatory and internal requirements. Includes analysis of records, reports, regulations and operating procedures and practices.
- Conduct Third Party Oversight (TPO) audits.
- Provides corresponding reporting for Operations and Clients.
- Documents operational processes through the use of standardized tools (e.g. SIPOC, process maps, time studies, etc.).
- Analyzes records, reports, regulations and operating practices and issues reports on compliance adherence.
- Responsible for the performance of quantitative and qualitative research to further support review findings and process improvement activities, including root cause analysis.
- This may include defining, measuring and analyzing process capability and recommending improvements based on root cause analysis.
- Participates in and leads client teleconferences where regulatory controls are reviewed.
- Creates, approves and presents final review findings to all levels of staff, including Senior Operations leadership.
- Effectively communicates regulatory issues to Operations leadership in order to ensure regulatory compliance adherence.
- Participate on special projects and targeted reviews as required.
- Identifies process improvements within department.
- Demonstrated analytical and research skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, priorities, and staff.
- Mentors specialists and analysts in their review responsibilities.
- Conduct quality compliance reviews on peers.
- Conduct associate training.
- 5 years of operational compliance or audit experience.
- 5 years knowledge of internal or external auditing duties or operations to be audited, knowledge of data analysis and improvement tools.
- 5 years knowledge of regulatory requirements governing the mortgage, insurance and/or financial services industry, and operational risk concepts.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) preferred.
- Green Belt training or experience with structured process improvement desirable.
- Ability to use MS Excel to enter and correct data, modify a workbook, format a worksheet, format charts, filter date and create basic formulas for data trending.
- Ability to use MS Word for basic formatting, editing and printing function and understands the document page set up.
- Able to implement a review, collect and verify review evidence, assist with preparation of preliminary and final reports and write work papers to summarize findings.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated problem resolution skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of regulatory compliance governing the mortgage, insurance and/or financial services.