The primary objective of this position is to serve as lead on critical analytical project requests as submitted by internal and external clients. This requires independent and team-based work across multiple lines of business and utilizing a range of analytical techniques and tools. Communication of project request output (ongoing and ad hoc) to external and internal clients is a primary function of this role and requires a high degree of professionalism and comfort in presenting findings and recommendations. All members of Data Analytics enjoy working with some of the most diverse global data sets, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see data insights turned into real business results on a regular basis. The Sr Behavioral Analyst will report directly to the Director of Behavioral Analytics.
The Sr. Behavioral Analyst, Behavioral Analytics has a significant role in helping Assurant develop long-term partnerships, trust, and product differentiation, in support of client needs with innovative end-to-end analytical products and services to optimize business decisions. This role requires professional and technical expertise in a multidisciplinary set of data sciences to lead individual and organizational development for a team of Behavioral Analysts as direct reports. This position also requires partnership with other key internal/ external business and I/T personnel to promote the effective and efficient use of data analytics resources to manage customer interactions, increase market share, competitive advantages, revenue, and profits while reducing costs across all lines of businesses within Assurant.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or Information Management
- 4+ years of experience in business analysis, research, statistics, applied mathematics, data management, business intelligence, or related fields
- 4+ years of experience in managing technical teams
- 4+ years of working experience with data science tools (e.g., R, SAS, Python, SQL, Hadoop, Advanced Excel, Tableau, PowerBI, Sawtooth, CART, etc.) and relational database software
- 4+ years of experience in data analysis that includes translating insights into recommendations
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Experience presenting data to internal and external clients
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or Information Management
- Customer experience/satisfaction knowledge or experience
- Segmentation and persistency