Senior Database Engineer
United Kingdom (Virtual)
Reporting to the Global Director of Infrastructure and Products you will design, configure, operate, and maintain systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure. This may include directing work of less senior engineers. You will help establish strategy and adoption of new technologies in a single domain. Provide engineering design and support for multi-tenant platforms in a single domain including hardware, software, automation, and monitoring.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the global stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the systems and infrastructure that support departments, and to conduct/lead research on latest technologies for practical application to business problems and strategic plans.
- Demonstrate advanced application of technical skills and interpersonal competencies.
- Provide direct global technical leadership and support for all requirements in developing strategy, planning, coordination, scripting, and implementation of releases, upgrades, or changes to our distributed computing environment. This includes managing several small to medium-scale projects and tasks of several complexities across the enterprise.
- Provide direct technical support for all requirements in the planning, coordination, scripting, and implementation of upgrades or changes to our Db2 database footprint.
- Perform capacity planning, performance monitoring, tuning, and prediction.
- Provide high-level support Db2 databases, ensuring change management procedures and methodologies are followed.
You will have the following experience:
- Experience installing and supporting DBb2 databases
- Experience working with IBM z/OS
- Knowledge of Db2 database internals (locking, partitioning, security, and cloning)
- Trouble shoot ,mainframe and distributed processing problems in a Db2 z/OS environment
- Db2 v11.X
- Db2 v12.X
- IBM z/OS: TSO, Utilities, JCL, VSAM, RACF
- CA7, CA11: Host scheduling administration
- BMC AMI and related Admin/utility software
Benefits & Training
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working
- Internal Wellbeing Programme
- LinkedIn Learning
- Learning and Development opportunities
At Assurant, diversity helps us inspire creativity in the global marketplace, and we are believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.