Mobile devices are the lynchpins in the connected ecosystem. They connect your customers to almost every other piece of smart technology in their homes and cars, and they act as day-to-day communication systems for work, social networking, and information sharing. When a smartphone is broken, damaged, or lost, the importance of a premium customer experience can’t be overestimated.
Technology is helping transform the world, and our Emerging Channels team is actively researching and leveraging these technologies to create and distribute new products, business models, and outstanding customer experiences in the mobile device protection space. We are looking for people who get excited about building new things and disrupting the world around us for the betterment of society. If this sounds like you, we would love for you to join us as we build a new business at the intersection of mobile, AI, cloud, and analytics.
At Assurant, we figure out what’s stopping the businesses and consumers we serve and find ways to keep them moving forward. We have a reputation for introducing new ideas to the marketplace that turn insight into competitive advantage. With decades of experience to draw upon, we’re well prepared to anticipate our client’s challenges and spot opportunities to help them succeed. But it’s our uncompromising values that keep us grounded and remind us of what matters most.
This is a Virtual Position.
The DevOps Engineer will perform a vital role within the Emerging Channels Team and will be at the ground level of our products. The DevOps Engineer will be embedded within the existing engineering team to deliver robust DevOps automation and operations solutions. As a DevOps engineer you will have the responsible to deliver fully automated end-to-end CI/CD pipeline processes spanning integration, automated tests, and software quality metrics along with zero downtime feature-driven deployments. Additionally, you will be responsible to implement and utilize monitoring and alerting infrastructure capabilities that provide insight into runtime of systems and applications along with information to enable rapid problem detection and remediation. The DevOps engineer will deliver solutions to support our entire AWS stack which spans CloudFront, API Gateway, Lambda, Aurora Serverless, RDS, VPN, SNS, Cognito, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, CodePipeline, SAM, etc…
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Design, implement, and maintain highly available infrastructure on AWS
- Develop effective tooling to accelerate deploy and release management
- Proactively ensure system and infrastructure confidentiality, integrity, and availability
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment
- Collaborate with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security
- Write scripts to automate common tasks, infrastructure configurations & deployments, and application deployments across all environments
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Build effective logging, monitoring, alerts, and metrics for production services
- Build effective DevOps services, pipelines, processes, and tooling for end-to-end automation
Desired Skills, Work Experience, and Education:
- At least 3 years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer with AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Specifically with VPC, Lambda, API Gateway, EC2, S3, IAM, CodeBuild/CodePipeline, & CloudFormation
- CI/CD concepts – Code storage, building, testing, deployments, etc
Nice to haves:
- Experience with RDS, DocumentDB, CloudFront, Elastic Beanstalk/Autoscaling
- Scripting & automation. Python & Shell
- Linux – Amazon Linux & Ubuntu
- Config Management experience (e.g., Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, etc.)
- Monitoring experience (e.g., Nagios, CloudWatch, Prometheus, etc.)
Assurant is a global provider of lifestyle and housing solutions that help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We protect, connect, and support over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles, and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 300, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit https://www.assurant.com/
Assurant is committed to providing a competitive rewards package which goes beyond the value of your paycheck. We offer an array of market-competitive benefits and resources to support your physical, emotional, financial, and social wellbeing goals. These include programs to help you invest in your financial future such as savings programs, as well as competitive health and wellbeing benefits to support you and your family.
Health Coverage Starting Day One: We offer competitive health and wellbeing benefits to support you and your family. You can choose from a range of health and dental plan options, as well as health plan accounts.
Disability and Life Insurance: We provide short- and long-term disability insurance, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
Retirement: Assurant offers retirement savings plans globally. U.S. based employees are offered a 401(k) plan in which Assurant matches 100% of every dollar contributed, up to 6 percent of eligible pay.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Assurant’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) allows employees to purchase shares of Assurant, Inc. stock at a 10 percent discount with funds contributed through after-tax payroll deductions.
Career Development: Assurant offers a variety of internal courses, workshops, special projects, coaching and mentoring programs. Tuition reimbursement and other professional enrichment opportunities are also available to encourage continuous learning.
Work-Life Balance: We strive to provide a work environment that encourages work/life balance. Options depend on job responsibilities and may include flexible work schedules, telework, paid time off and part-time employment.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.