We are looking for a detail-oriented individual with great problem-solving skills to join our Finance team. The Senior Financial Analyst role will support the Lending Solutions business by providing monthly/quarterly financial reporting, analyses, and forecasting for multiple insurance products and cost centers. Ad hoc requests are common and interaction with multiple departments will be required.
- Prepare data-driven variance analysis (actual results, plan, forecast) for specific financial statement lines (e.g. revenue, expenses, net operating income, and metrics) for multiple insurance products and clients under the Lending Solutions line of business
- Identify, explain and provide insights into trends, drivers, key performance indicators, risks and opportunities by using data-driven approaches
- Prepare multi-year forecasts for Lending Solutions products and cost centers
- Prepare and assist the team with management reporting packages and presentations on a monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc basis for the Lending Solutions line of business
- Perform analytical assignments of a complex nature
- Work closely with the operational leaders and Enterprise Finance Teams to enhance the reporting and forecasting processes.
- Solid knowledge of financial variance analysis
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt procedures, processes, and techniques to more complex problems and issues
- Advanced and sophisticated analytical techniques
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- Ability to manipulate and analyze financial data, prepare financial reports, using an advanced level of Excel and PowerPoint
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to go above and beyond to do the best possible job
- Bachelor’s degree required – Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Finance/Accounting; experience in Insurance or Financial Services is a plus
- Knowledge of finance, accounting (including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), budgeting and variance analysis
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with internal teams, at multiple levels, settings, and across time zones
- Strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Critical and innovative thinking
- Occasionally will have to work extended hours, weekends and be available for limited business travel (if needed)
- Committed to continuous learning and a continuous improvement culture as the business needs change
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience identifying, evaluating and resolving financial, accounting and data quality discrepancies
- Ability to utilize sophisticated automated data systems, data analysis tools, and dynamic spreadsheet / database design in providing comprehensive decision support to executive management
- SQL Server, PowerBI, PowerPivot, R and Python experience a plus
- Thorough understanding of business issues and concepts related to insurance or financial services industry
- IBM Planning Analytics (EPA and PAX) or experience with similar planning tools
Assurant Employee Benefits and Value Proposition
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), generous paid time off and much more.
We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our employees.
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
To learn more about our current opportunities and apply online, please visit: http://www.assurant.jobs < http://www.assurant.jobs/ >
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers < http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers > (@AssurantCareers)