The main objective is to dedicate a financial analyst to each key legal entity to deliver high quality analysis and support enterprise wide. Analyst will also provide support for the TMo business which will require additional tax work and analysis as a result of the Sprint integration. The Puerto Rico financial analysts are all around financial employees that in addition to typical financial analyses and financial closing support deal with taxes, external and internal audits, and prepare financial reports both in Statutory basis of accounting (required by regulator) and GAAP.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities
· Analyze, recommend, and prepare technical journal entries for the monthly close as well as GAAP and Statutory quarterly journal entries for all entities.
· Prepare income tax provision.
· Prepare Statutory financial statements on schedule.
· Prepare Annual and Quarterly statements on schedule and file them with NAIC, Commissioner of Insurance and other entities.
· Prepares monthly and quarterly analytics for International Finance.
· Prepares ceding statements for both internal and external reinsurance companies.
· All other analysis by products and clients requested by Management.
· Prepare monthly client experience reports.
· Prepare all PBC’s to external and Commissioner Auditors.
· Support sales and marketing on ad-hoc analyses to monitor products and client’s performance.
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration with concentration in Accounting or Finance.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a finance related position with exposure to insuance (P&C preferably) and statutory basis of accounting
- Proficiency user of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Fluent in verbal and written English and Spanish
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions, strict due dates, and pressure
- Must be able to talk and hear.
Must be able to talk and hear.