Multifamily housing partners face risk every day. To limit liability from residents-caused damage, they turn to Assurant. We understand your residents and offer a complete portfolio of risk mitigation solutions that go far beyond renters’ insurance. Our unmatched expertise, integrated with capabilities and customer insight give us the tools to offer innovative protection options that residents want and you need.
To help our customer, We are looking for an experience Senior Guidewire Software Engineer that is a thoughtful, adaptive individual with a growth mindset to join our growing team.
In this role, you will work closely with our business and technical teams to help setup Guidewire to our requirements. We are looking for people with expertise in Guidewire Cloud or version 10. Candidates must have strong communication skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, sound judgment, and the ability to be productive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
We value people who can bring a diverse perspective to our product and where a developer will not just write code but will have a real meaningful impact on the direction of the product and which features to build. We are building a team where diversity of thought and background is valued as strongly as technical skills, and where everyone is encouraged to come up with new ideas to make our customers’ lives better.
This is a virtual position.
- Configure screen layouts and create new screens in Guidewire Studio
- Configure business rules and other business logic in Gosu
- Design and code integration components including plug-ins and programs that call the GW APIs
- Work closely with business stakeholders to build high-throughput systems
- Work in a collaborative environment by occasionally pair and/or mob programming
- Create form and letter templates and their supporting XML descriptor files
- Communicating with Engineering Managers and Product Owners to build technical solutions
- Work in a cadence of two-week sprints with daily stand-ups and bi-weekly retrospectives
- Configure operational parameters such as roles and permissions, user attributes, etc.
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Create new data model elements and extend application data model
- Grow subject matter expertise in programming, product, and platform
- Guidewire Cloud or v10 Expertise
- 5+ years of Java programming
- Knowledge of Microservice based architecture patterns
- Knowledge of RESTful API design
- Demonstrate technical know-how through individual contributions and programming exercises
- Strong oral and written communication skills to create a productive communication environment with team members and stakeholders
- Experience with XML
Preferred Experience: Skills and Knowledge :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Guidewire Certification(s)
- Knowledge of the Guidewire Platform
- Analysis skills for technical problems and solutions of high risk
- Experience with SQL relational database engines and relational database design
- Understanding of quality assurance and testing procedures, processes and techniques
- Knowledge of TDD/BDD frameworks
- Experience in Object Oriented modeling, analysis, design and programming
- A continuous learning mindset that keeps you current on development best practices and trends
- Desire for a deep technical understanding for the problems at hand
Assurant is a global provider of lifestyle and housing solutions that help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We protect, connect, and support over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles, and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 300, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit https://www.assurant.com/
Assurant is committed to providing a competitive rewards package which goes beyond the value of your paycheck. We offer an array of market-competitive benefits and resources to support your physical, emotional, financial, and social wellbeing goals. These include programs to help you invest in your financial future such as savings programs, as well as competitive health and wellbeing benefits to support you and your family.
Health Coverage Starting Day One: We offer competitive health and wellbeing benefits to support you and your family. You can choose from a range of health and dental plan options, as well as health plan accounts.
Disability and Life Insurance: We provide short- and long-term disability insurance, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
Retirement: Assurant offers retirement savings plans globally. U.S. based employees are offered a 401(k) plan in which Assurant matches 100% of every dollar contributed, up to 6 percent of eligible pay.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Assurant’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) allows employees to purchase shares of Assurant, Inc. stock at a 10 percent discount with funds contributed through after-tax payroll deductions.
Career Development: Assurant offers a variety of internal courses, workshops, special projects, coaching and mentoring programs. Tuition reimbursement and other professional enrichment opportunities are also available to encourage continuous learning.
Work-Life Balance: We strive to provide a work environment that encourages work/life balance. Options depend on job responsibilities and may include flexible work schedules, telework, paid time off and part-time employment.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.