To further our growth and support our clients, we are looking for people to come and join us and help solve complex engineering problems. We are rebuilding the engineering group to pivot from current architecture to a services centric organization in the cloud. To go where we want to go, we are looking for solid, tech savvy Senior Software Engineer who can execute and take us to the next level. The solution we are looking to build will define the next generation reverse logistics and trade in platform.
What Makes us different?
We use Java and Open Source platform. Microservices is built with Spring Boot, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Elastic are some of the heavily used frameworks within our ecosystem. For the frontend, we use Angular JS. Our infrastructure is manages in AWS and we are in the process of moving towards Kubernetes managed using Docker containers with Istio service mesh to run our distributed microservice clusters on AWS. We use Git and Code Pipeline for all our development and deployment needs.
- Our Engineering team leverage modern cloud technologies to solve customer problems around the globe
- We value people who can bring a diverse perspective to our product and where a developer will not just write code but will have a real meaningful impact on the direction of the product
- Everyone is encouraged to come up with new ideas to make our customers’ lives better
- Our vision unites us. By living our purpose, values, and commitments, we’re working together toward a common goal; creating the future of Assurant
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Promote technical innovation and execution excellence to accelerate the development of enterprise platform for the Device Life Cycle (trade in) & Mobile Insurance industry
- Serve as a member of the development team working on developing best-in-class solutions to further business ideas
- Able to coordinate and work in a large teams environment effectively with onsite and remote offshore teams, operate in an agile development environment to deliver product functionality
- Work with product team to translate functional requirements/ user stories into well-structured and maintainable code, be able to assist in troubleshooting and resolving issues in production
- Be a technical evangelist and serve as the champion of development best practices including application of design patterns, functional programming ideas, reactive programming ideas, code quality, test coverage etc
- Help drive improvements to software architecture; contribute code to critical components include business services
- Help evaluate solutions/tools and decisions around the use of new or existing software products and tools, influence and drive practice across teams
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 6 years Java development experience, 3 years Spring/Spring Boot frameworks, 3 years working in RESTFul Microservices environment
- Hand on Engineer, self-starter and quick learner who can work with minimal guidance and supervision
- Demonstrate a sense of ownership and take pride in the code they develop
- Understand design goals with separation of concerns, troubleshoot and improve highly scalable and high-performing web applications & services
- Experience in developing and maintaining large enterprise systems, ability to ensure team output meets time and quality commitment
- Possess expertise handling production and deployment with a strong focus on providing the best customer experience
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Kotlin, React JS, Activiti, AWS Cloud Native application development, JPA/Hibernate
- PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, NoSQL
- Strong Unit testing experience
What are the working conditions and physical requirement of this job?
We we are working virtually now. At some point in the future we will be working a 1 to 2 days in the office per week.
How much should I expect to travel?
Up to 5%
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.