At Assurant a Senior Software Engineer analyzes requirements and designs, codes, tests, installs and maintains application systems, programs, functions, services, and other related software components in response to enterprise needs of high complexity. We are looking for a thoughtful, adaptive individual with a growth mindset to join our growing team.
In this role, you will work closely with our product teams to create APIs and web applications to serve customers with an engaging, dynamic user experience. We are looking for people with expertise in .Net Core and Angular 6+. Responsibilities include solving problems, experimenting, and building features that we measure for value to our users. Candidates must have strong communication skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, sound judgment, and the ability to be productive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. This is a remote position with a preference for the Miami area and working EST hours.
- Build scalable, highly reliable product features
- Design, implement, and maintain applications used by both mobile and desktop clients
- Work closely with client developers to architect high-throughput systems
- Create and maintain documentation pertaining to code and engineering processes
- Work in a collaborative environment by occasional pair and/or mob programming
- Evaluate technical capabilities, options, and strategies
- Communicating with Engineering Managers and Product Owners to plan and prioritize work and design technical solutions
- Work in a cadence of two-week sprints with daily stand-ups and bi-weekly retrospectives
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Grow subject matter expertise in programming, product, and platform
- Be apart of an on-call rotation
- C# expertise
- 5+ years of .Net/.Net Core
- 1+ years of Angular 6+ experience
- Hands-on knowledge of version control systems such as Git
- Experience with SQL Server, other relational database engines and relational database design
- Knowledge of RESTful API design
- Ability to demonstrate technical know-how through individual contributions, pair programming exercises, and architectural designs
- Strong oral and written communication skills to create a productive communication environment with team members and stakeholders
Preferred Experience: Skills and Knowledge :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Service Fabric
- Knowledge of Microservice based architecture patterns
- Documentation skills to translate requirements into specifications for program objects, functions, and systems.
- Estimation skills for cost, effort, and duration of product deliverables of high complexity
- Analysis skills for technical problems and solutions of high risk
- Advanced programming skills in targeted languages and utilities for the mainframe and/or distributed environments
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum best practice processes and techniques
- Understanding of quality assurance and testing procedures, processes and techniques employed within areas of technical specialty
- Experience with TDD/BDD frameworks
- Knowledge of concepts, tools and processes used for estimating, tracking, managing, and reporting work
- Experience in client/server and n-tier development principles including understanding of Object-Oriented modeling, analysis, design, and programming
- Willingness to participate in mentoring and skills transfer among team members
- A continuous learning mindset that keeps you current on development best practices and trends
- Desire for a deep technical understanding for the problems at hand
- Ability to balance trade-offs between speed and quality based on business priorities
Assurant is a global provider of lifestyle and housing solutions that help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We protect, connect, and support over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles, and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 300, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit https://www.assurant.com/
Assurant is committed to providing a competitive rewards package which goes beyond the value of your paycheck. We offer an array of market-competitive benefits and resources to support your physical, emotional, financial, and social wellbeing goals. These include programs to help you invest in your financial future such as savings programs, as well as competitive health and wellbeing benefits to support you and your family.
Health Coverage Starting Day One: We offer competitive health and wellbeing benefits to support you and your family. You can choose from a range of health and dental plan options, as well as health plan accounts.
Disability and Life Insurance: We provide short- and long-term disability insurance, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
Retirement: Assurant offers retirement savings plans globally. U.S. based employees are offered a 401(k) plan in which Assurant matches 100% of every dollar contributed, up to 6 percent of eligible pay.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Assurant’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) allows employees to purchase shares of Assurant, Inc. stock at a 10 percent discount with funds contributed through after-tax payroll deductions.
Career Development: Assurant offers a variety of internal courses, workshops, special projects, coaching and mentoring programs. Tuition reimbursement and other professional enrichment opportunities are also available to encourage continuous learning.
Work-Life Balance: We strive to provide a work environment that encourages work/life balance. Options depend on job responsibilities and may include flexible work schedules, telework, paid time off and part-time employment.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.