Senior .NET Software Engineer
At Assurant a Software Engineer analyzes requirements and designs, codes, tests, installs and maintains application systems, programs, functions, services, and other related software components in response to enterprise needs of high complexity. We are looking for a thoughtful, adaptive individual with a growth mindset to join our growing team.
In this role, you will work closely with our platform teams to create APIs and other integrations to connect various systems. We are looking for people with expertise in .net core/.net 6. Candidates must have strong communication skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, sound judgment, and the ability to be productive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
This is a remote position.
- Build scalable, highly reliable APIs
- Work closely with business stakeholders to build high-throughput systems
- Work in a collaborative environment by occasionally pair and/or mob programming
- Evaluate technical capabilities, options and strategies
- Communicating with Engineering Managers and Product Owners to build technical solutions
- Work in a cadence of two-week sprints with daily stand-ups and bi-weekly retrospectives
- Create and maintain documentation pertaining to code
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Grow subject matter expertise in programming, product, and platform
- C# expertise
- 5+ years of .net 5+/.net core
- Knowledge of Microservice based architecture patterns
- Hands-on knowledge of version control systems such as Git
- Knowledge of RESTful API design
- Demonstrate technical know-how through individual contributions and programming exercises
- Strong oral and written communication skills to create a productive communication environment with team members and stakeholders
Preferred Experience: Skills and Knowledge :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Service Fabric
- Knowledge of Java
- Knowledge of the Guidewire Platform
- Analysis skills for technical problems and solutions of high risk
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum processes and techniques
- Understanding of quality assurance and testing procedures, processes and techniques employed within areas of technical specialty
- Experience with TDD/BDD frameworks
- Experience in Object Oriented modeling, analysis, design and programming
- Willingness to participate in mentoring and skills transfer among team members
- A continuous learning mindset that keeps you current on development best practices and trends
- Desire for a deep technical understanding for the problems at hand
- Ability to balance trade-offs between speed and quality based on business priorities
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.