The job is responsible for managing Customer and Quality SLA’s agreed upon. Assist in understanding and working with Operations on agreed yield targets. In addition, the Senior supervisor will be tasked with the communications, development, and coaching of the supervisors reporting into this position. This position will be responsible for covering when supervisors or Managers are out. This position will be the main focal point for communications with engineering, operations, safety, security and management concerning the depot.
Primary Job Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence to company policies and process standards, while maintaining employee morale and overseeing the training of new and existing staff.
- Work with manager to establish department and company goals and rely on experience, judgement, and innovation to achieve them.
- Drive process improvements, and coordinate QA support for new product/new business line introductions.
- Accomplish supervisory and human resource objectives such as interviewing, conducting performance reviews, one-to-one counseling/coaching and disciplinary administration.
- Lead Quality tools training for QA coordinators and other supervisors as required. (E.g. ANSI sampling, 6S audit, OJT, and database systems support.)
- Work with the Operations Leaders to monitor, review and analyze quality data and trending.
- ·Act as liaison between teams, shifts, supervisors, and departments, and partner with customer/client representatives.
- Identify manufacturing and development constraints. Work with management and technical staff in performing root cause analysis and implementing corrective and preventative actions.
- Prioritize, pan and execute work activities in alignment with department and Operations priorities.
- Ensure daily quality data reports are accurate and published on time.
- Maintain flow of quality operations by communicating WIP status, requirements, and relevant changes to next shift.
- Coach/mentor other supervisors and Leads.
- In the absence of the QA Operations Manager, the Senior Supervisor Quality will oversee other QA supervisors and have signatory authority for Quality issues on ECRs/ECNs.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards, and procedures while complying with legal regulations.
Basic Qualifications Required – Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 7 years of leadership experience in Quality Supervisory position within a fast-paced manufacturing industrial services, distribution or equivalent environment
- Strong knowledge and abilities with Microsoft Excel, Word, and familiarity with label printers and bar code scanners
- Experience working with a 5S, Lean, Six Sigma environment
- Knowledgeable of basic quality tools (5 whys, Fishbone, etc.)
- Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively and positively with all levels of company personnel as well as external personnel
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Experience working with an hourly workforce
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- BA/BS degree in related field
- Ability to identify potential process and workflow improvements
- Strong math, reasoning, analysis and decision-making skills
- Ability to provide practical application of technical skills and techniques in wireless mobile device processing
Assurant is a global provider of lifestyle and housing solutions that help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We protect, connect, and support over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles, and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 300, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit https://www.assurant.com/
Assurant is committed to providing a competitive rewards package which goes beyond the value of your paycheck. We offer an array of market-competitive benefits and resources to support your physical, emotional, financial, and social wellbeing goals. These include programs to help you invest in your financial future such as savings programs, as well as competitive health and wellbeing benefits to support you and your family.
Health Coverage Starting Day One: We offer competitive health and wellbeing benefits to support you and your family. You can choose from a range of health and dental plan options, as well as health plan accounts.
Disability and Life Insurance: We provide short- and long-term disability insurance, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
Retirement: Assurant offers retirement savings plans globally. U.S. based employees are offered a 401(k) plan in which Assurant matches 100% of every dollar contributed, up to 6 percent of eligible pay.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Assurant’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) allows employees to purchase shares of Assurant, Inc. stock at a 10 percent discount with funds contributed through after-tax payroll deductions.
Career Development: Assurant offers a variety of internal courses, workshops, special projects, coaching and mentoring programs. Tuition reimbursement and other professional enrichment opportunities are also available to encourage continuous learning.
Work-Life Balance: We strive to provide a work environment that encourages work/life balance. Options depend on job responsibilities and may include flexible work schedules, telework, paid time off and part-time employment.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.