The Global Modules team is a recently acquired startup that is seeking to grow and expand our engineering team. We run a product-driven, engineer led team.
In this role, you will work closely with the Come-To-You Repair’s product team to create web and mobile client applications to serve customers and partners with an engaging, dynamic user experience. Our technical stack includes Ruby on Rails, GraphQL, React, React Native, and Redux. We are looking for someone who is able to contribute both on the client and server – however, specific Ruby on Rails experience is not a requirement.
Responsibilities include solving problems, experimenting, and building features that we measure for value to our users. Candidates must have strong communication skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, sound judgment, and the ability to be productive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Note: This is not a ‘work-hard / play-hard’ environment. We are professional engineers that work 40 hours a week and go home at normal hours. You will not be asked to work extreme overtime or weekends, you will not be shamed for taking PTO, you are encouraged to prioritize time with the people you care about. Our goal for every team member is for them to THRIVE, both personally and professionally, during their time with us.
This is a remote position.
- Work in a collaborative environment by occasional pair and/or mob programming
- Communicate with Engineering Managers and Product Owners to plan and prioritize work and design technical solutions
- Work in a cadence of two-week sprints with daily stand-ups and bi-weekly retrospectives
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Make disciplined use of source control and bug tracking systems
- Grow subject matter expertise in programming, product, and platform
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability and general reliability
- Identify and resolve complex production issues
- Collaborate with designers, content developers, and other software, site reliability, and QA engineers on cross-functional software products
- Document best practices and help create a knowledge base
- Hands-on knowledge of version control systems such as Git
- Ruby experience, or similar dynamic scripting language experience
- Rails experience, or similar web framework experience
- Experience with templating frameworks (e.g. Haml, ERb)
- Experience consuming and maintaining RESTful APIs
- Experience with Postgres (or similar RDB) and relational database design
- A strong foundation in object-oriented or functional programming
- Ability to demonstrate technical know-how through individual contributions, pair programming exercises, and architectural designs
- A disciplined approach to development, testing, and quality assurance
- Ability to reason with and adapt to evolving development tasks and priorities
- Strong communication skills to create a productive communication environment with team members and stakeholders
- Experience and familiarity with Cloud Architecture (such as AWS or Azure)
- Experience with testing frameworks such as RSpec and Cucumber
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with React Native development
- Willingness to participate in mentoring and skills transfer among team members
- A continuous learning mindset that keeps you current on development best practices and trends
- Desire for a deep technical understanding for the problems at hand
- Ability to balance trade-offs between speed and quality based on business priorities
- Technical leadership skills with the ability to resolve ambiguity in requirements