Assurant is always looking for qualified candidates to fill current or future openings.
Even with the pandemic, Assurant is continuing to interview & hire! We are taking extra measures to keep everyone safe through the pandemic. We are conducing virtual interviews and allowing our new hires to complete training from home. Once it is safe for employees to return to the workplace this job will be conducted in the Assurant office.
The Customer Care Specialist is a key position within our growing Flood Solutions Team! As a Customer Service Professional, you will be the voice of our organization and of our clients. But, more than that, you’ll also be a voice of compassion and care. Acting as the customer’s primary point of contact, you’ll listen, solve problems, answer questions and work with them to find a resolution.
Why You Should Consider This Role
- You love helping and connecting with people
- You’re a problem solver who likes to think on your feet and you enjoy challenges
- You thrive in a fast paced and changing environment
- You enjoy being on the phone and are passionate about customer service
What You Will Enjoy
- The variety of work - every day and every customer’s situation is unique
- Being part of a high performing, collaborative and supportive team
- The opportunity to demonstrate your exceptional problem-solving abilities
- Medical benefits begin on your first day
- Competitive compensation and paid time off
- Career advancement opportunities
What You Will Be Doing
- Providing superior service to our customers by listening, analyzing problems, and resolving issues
- Learning & utilizing systems used for tracking and gather information
- Research client questions, assist with processing basic quotes and accurately interpret and communicate policies
- We are an environment that fosters growth and enables you to learn new aspects about our business, systems, policies and most importantly how to effectively engage and resolve customer challenges
- We are looking for a dynamic associate that can work various schedules within our hours of operations.
Customer Care hours are between 6:00am to 6:00pm MST (8:00am to 8:00pm EST) Monday through Friday.
What We Need You To Have (Qualifications)
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
MUST have at least 2 years of working with the National Flood Insurance Program in a customer service call center capacity
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to change and work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task using technology while handling calls
- Learning agility focused
- Relentless drive to provide exceptional customer service
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends
- Ability to work in a remotely in your home office. You will be required to have internet services with a minimum internet speed of 15 Mbps on the download side and a minimum of 3 Mbps on the upload side. You can test your internet speed at www.speedtest.net or by contacting your service provider.
Experience We Prefer You Have
- At least 3 years of call center environment experience
- Previous experience using Microsoft Office
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures, and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking, and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.