Senior Sales Executive
Overview of Position
The Senior Sales Executive will generate business opportunities by identifying prospects, evaluating prospects' position in the market place, developing and closing business opportunities, and researching and analyzing solutions. In this role, s/he will achieve sales objectives by identifying and pursuing market and niche opportunities marketing our Global Housing products and related services to new customer segments and channels beyond our current distribution channels.
The position entails identifying, qualifying, contacting and scheduling initial consultations with targeted prospects, leading proposal development efforts, making sales presentations, and closing new business accounts, along with managing the subsequent contracting and implementation process. The Senior Sales Executive will keep management informed of industry developments by monitoring competitive products and reaction from customers.
The successful candidate will continue meeting targeted growth objectives driving our business to success. The candidate will also develop a deep understanding of products across different product lines. The Senior Sales Executive will collaborate with colleagues across different lines of business to ensure we are able to offer products that fit needs of clients.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Generate sales by cold calling and bringing in new accounts by identifying customer needs, participating in the development of client plans and introducing new products and services.
- Influence prospects to partner with Assurant to offer our products and services by controlling the sales process and identifying and pursuing market opportunities.
- Enhance relationships with clients by providing support, guidance, and innovative ideas to differentiate from competition.
- Attend industry events/shows.
- Research and recommend new opportunities and profit/service improvements.
- Serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- Provide in-depth knowledge of the industries affecting the business.
- Understand financial trends and fluctuations with assigned clients and effectively communicate issues and resolutions to clients and internal business team.
- Develop sales strategies and execute account plans in support of goals/objectives.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 5+ years of B2B2C sales experience.
- Recent "new" business development experience in bringing new accounts.
- Excellent time management, written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Effective negotiation and closing techniques to secure profitable business.
- Ability to demonstrate an immediate, positive impact on sales.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Bachelors degree.
- Client business development experience in real estate.
- Experience with insurance sales is preferred.
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
How much should I expect to travel?
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.