What does a normal day look like?
A typical day may range in activities such as analysing requirements, designing, coding, testing, installing, and maintaining application systems, working with international clients, or business partners, or maintaining programs, functions, services, and other related software components in response to enterprise needs of high complexity.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Analysing requirements and design solutions for approved projects and change requests of moderate to high complexity and risk
- Gather, organise and document data and requirements from various stakeholders according to given direction and standards
- Develop, document and present design solutions and supporting rationale
- Identify and recommend software and infrastructure components needed to implement technical solutions
- Participate in quality assurance and testing to achieve quality objectives
- Learn, use and gain experience with testing tools and techniques
- Learn and enhance knowledge of the various multi-platform system support environments, utilities and procedures
- Adhere to the organisation’s change management requirements for application and system implementations
- Analyse conditions, consult with experienced personnel and propose strategies that minimize implementation risk and improve system reliability and performance
- Maintain and enhance knowledge of the business operations and strategic objectives of the organisation by engaging in open communication with business application users and stakeholders
- Participate in on-call rotations
Does this sound like you?
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, CS or equivalent
- At minimum 6 years’ experience in technology services related work
- Sound knowledge and experience in the use of expertise in distributed technologies, including but not limited to Visual Studio .NET, Visual Basic .NET, C#.NET, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, .NET Framework 4.5 and higher, WCF, MVC, AJAX and Extensible Markup Language (XML & XMLT), JQuery and Entity Framework
- Experience working with and administrating geographically dispersed systems
- Experience working with offshore teams
- Expertise and experience with database technologies including Oracle, SQL Server, NoSQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL and stored procedures
- Knowledge of client/server and n-tier development principles including Unified Modeling Language (UML) and other tools supporting Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD)
- Sound organisational and time management skills
- Analysis skills for technical problems and solutions of moderate to high risk
- Ability to perform work and achieve results in generally unambiguous situations
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why work with Assurant?
Everyone at Assurant, no matter their role, their skills, or where they’re located around the world is united by our uncompromising values. That’s why we created a culture where you’re free to bring thoughtful, caring attention to each customer or client, internally or externally. Whatever your position, your innovative thinking, common sense, integrity and actionable solutions, can make a real difference.
With more than 100 years industry expertise, we are trusted by over 300 million consumers worldwide and we handle more than 16.6 million unique policies across the automotive, appliance and technology, home and financial service industries.
When you join Assurant you will be part of a community that cares. A fun, diverse and supportive team culture will see you challenge yourself and motivate you to think out of the box.
We offer a competitive salary, volunteering opportunities, training and development, as well as other benefits.
Assurant, Inc. is a global leader in business services for the connected world. Our lifestyle and housing solutions help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We support, connect and service over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 500, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the company are governed based on merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.