Senior Software Engineer
Assurant’s Connected Living Technology team is looking for strong solution focused software engineers in Miami, FL, Atlanta, GA or Wayne, PA to move our organization to the next level. The business lines we support have experienced explosive growth over the last few years and we are currently looking to expand our teams that deliver market leading, cloud based technology solutions in the supply chain, protection services, asset recovery and asset disposition domains.
The Senior Software Engineer designs, codes features, test files for multi-platform applications functions, services, and other related software components in response to problem and project change requests of the highest complexity and risk. The incumbent provides leadership, technical guidance, training and mentoring to others in areas of acquired expertise. The incumbent plans, organizes, leads, and coordinates the day-to-day activities for the Scrum team. The incumbent is responsible for the efficient application of currently relevant and appropriate emerging technology in the development of quality products within the constraints of time and budget. The Engineering team works in partnership with other Technology Functions and the Business to ensure quality delivery of our products. The team works in an Agile environment and is located globally. The team is independent in driving all decisions and is responsible for continuously improving customer experience, revenue growth and operations enablement through quick turn-around of development of our products with high quality.
This position could be located in Atlanta, GA, Miami, FL or Wayne, PA.
Work from home days possible.
- Analyze requirements and design solutions for approved projects and change requests of the highest complexity
- Design/develop system, application and program code according to business and technical requirements
- Perform quality assurance and unit testing to achieve quality objectives
- Implement solutions
- Provide system support
- Produce daily activities/tasks of the team backlog
- Maintain and enhance knowledge of the business operations and strategic imperatives of Assurant
Basic Qualifications & Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent related practical experience
- 7+ years of technology experience
- Hands on expertise in the Microsoft stack of technologies and Azure tools (GIT Hub, Jenkins, Terraform, Kibana, Cosmos).
- Extensive experience in multi-platform development principles including solid understanding of structured and Object Oriented modeling, analysis, design and programming
- Proficient in targeted languages and utilities for both legacy and non-legacy environments
- Thorough comprehension of methodologies and development concepts for mainframe and Windows and Web-based Services
- Requires analysis and architectural skills for the highest risk technical problems and solutions.
- Requires an understanding of business/operational goals and the ability to create platforms and applications that successfully integrate into company operations.
- Must possess demonstrated leadership, coaching, and mentoring skills in both one-on-one and group settings.
- Requires excellent analytical skills and the ability to learn and apply flexible, open-minded problem-solving techniques to highly complex projects.
- Requires the ability to effectively manage expectations, high-risk issues, and complex tasks and assignments.
- Requires the ability to analyze issues, deal with ambiguity, and make sound, timely decisions with less than complete information.
- Training, mentoring and knowledge-sharing skills in both individual and group settings
- Ability to apply flexible, open-minded problem solving and analysis
- Ability to perform work and drive for results, even in highly ambiguous situations
- Ability to lead technical teams through the development process
- Passion for quality and high coding standards, with exposure to automated unit testing
- Desire to be part of a TEAM that solves problems and provide Solutions.
- Experience working in an insurance-based claims systems
- Experience in the Insurance and/or Cellular Phone industry is a plus