Mobile devices are the lynchpins in the connected ecosystem. They connect your customers to almost every other piece of smart technology in their homes and cars, and they act as day-to-day communication systems for work, social networking, and information sharing. When a smartphone is broken, damaged, or lost, the importance of a premium customer experience can’t be overestimated.
Technology is helping transform the world, and our Emerging Channels team is actively researching and leveraging these technologies to create and distribute new products, business models, and outstanding customer experiences in the mobile device protection space. We are looking for people who get excited about building new things and disrupting the world around us for the betterment of society. If this sounds like you, we would love for you to join us as we build a new business at the intersection of mobile, AI, cloud, and analytics.
Assurant’s mobile device protection program is designed to deliver superior repair and replacement results quickly to keep your customers connected to their daily lives. As the only vertically integrated provider that owns and integrates every stage of the device lifecycle, we deliver a seamless experience with dynamic claims fulfillment, award-winning customer service, and advanced diagnostic tech support. That means our customers get back up and running faster, more conveniently, and without hassle. Join the Connected Living software engineering team to leverage modern cloud technologies to solve customer problems around the globe.
We value people who can bring a diverse perspective to our product and where a developer will not just write code but will have a real meaningful impact on the direction of the product and which features to build. We are building a team where diversity of thought and background is valued as strongly as technical skills, and where everyone is encouraged to come up with new ideas to make our customers’ lives better.
We use Java, Golang and Kotlin as the basis of our platform. Microservices built with Spring Boot, Kafka, Mongo, Cassandra, Akka are some of the heavily used frameworks within our ecosystem. For the frontend, we use React, Angular, and Vue. Our infrastructure is Kubernetes managed using Docker containers with Istio service mesh to run our distributed microservice clusters on AWS and Azure. We use Git and Jenkins Pipeline for all our development and deployment needs.
This is fully remote position.
- Analyze requirements and implement a solution with minimal supervision
- Promote technical innovation and execution excellence to accelerate the development of enterprise platform for the Insurance industry
- Serve as a member of the development team working on developing solutions to business ideas and developing best-in-class enterprise-grade products
- Extremely hands-on; can lead and perform troubleshooting and resolution of issues on production quickly
- Able to coordinate and work in a large teams environment effectively with onsite and remote offshore teams
- Should be able to work as a module lead with small groups having ownership of one or more components of the system
What we are looking for
- Self-starter and quick learner who can work with minimal guidance and supervision
- Must haves:
- Strong Java development experience with Spring Boot
- Strong Unit testing experience
- REST API development and integration experience
- Any Java database experience
- Understand design goals with separation of concerns
- Experience in developing and maintaining large enterprise systems
- Ability to ensure team output meets time and quality commitment
- Possess expertise handling production and deployment with a strong focus on providing the best customer experience
- Nice to haves:
- AWS Lambdas
- AWS S3
- AWS Pinpoint/SES
- AWS SNS/SQS
- Postgres SQL
Assurant is committed to providing a competitive rewards package which goes beyond the value of your paycheck. We offer an array of market-competitive benefits and resources to support your physical, emotional, financial, and social wellbeing goals. These include programs to help you invest in your financial future such as savings programs, as well as competitive health and wellbeing benefits to support you and your family.
Health Coverage Starting Day One: We offer competitive health and wellbeing benefits to support you and your family. You can choose from a range of health and dental plan options, as well as health plan accounts.
Disability and Life Insurance: We provide short- and long-term disability insurance, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
Retirement: Assurant offers retirement savings plans globally. U.S. based employees are offered a 401(k) plan in which Assurant matches 100% of every dollar contributed, up to 6 percent of eligible pay.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Assurant’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) allows employees to purchase shares of Assurant, Inc. stock at a 10 percent discount with funds contributed through after-tax payroll deductions.
Career Development: Assurant offers a variety of internal courses, workshops, special projects, coaching and mentoring programs. Tuition reimbursement and other professional enrichment opportunities are also available to encourage continuous learning.
Work-Life Balance: We strive to provide a work environment that encourages work/life balance. Options depend on job responsibilities and may include flexible work schedules, telework, paid time off and part-time employment.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.