Overview of Position
The Senior Solution Architect translates business requirements into implementable technology solutions that optimally balance cost, speed of delivery, and value while leveraging existing technologies and standards whenever possible. The Senior Solution Architect provides leadership to ensure successful implementation working iteratively with the team to bring about successful and timely delivery of business-centric, integrated technology solutions aligned with Enterprise Architecture.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Solution Design: The SA interacts with business unit management, applications systems management, technology management, vendors and industry experts in order to map business requirements into technology solutions that optimally balance cost, speed of implementation, and value while leveraging existing technologies and standards whenever possible.
- Technology Leadership: The SA ensures that designed Solutions are successfully implemented by participating in all phases of the SDLC while working iteratively to ensure that systems are successfully evolved and delivered as maintainable finished solutions.
- Solution Communication and Documentation: The SA provides clear and valuable documentation to support the team and communicates it effectively.
- Technology Research: The SA conducts research on new and emerging technologies for practical application to business problems and strategic initiatives in the context of assigned work efforts.
- Architecture Evolution: The SA reviews the current technology architecture landscape and seeks ways to leverage, improve and/or extend corporate technology investments. In the context of specific project efforts the Senior SA works with line management in establishing technical directions and strategies that ensure cross-platform architectural components properly “fit” within the enterprise and maximum benefit can be gained.
- Definition of Solution Architecture Best Practices: The SA supports the team in the development of best practices, documentation templates and process and workflow to optimize delivery.
- Mentoring and Support for Team Members: The SA supports the team through mentoring and ongoing guidance for fellow team members.
- Prioritization and Management of the Team’s Business Line Portfolio: The SA works with business and technology management to help manage and prioritize the team’s engagement with a specific business line or area.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field,
- 7+ years of intermediate to senior level experience in multiple information technology disciplines such as Host/Server technology, communications (voice/data), PCs, mobile devices, virtualization, databases, applications, middleware, web technologies, data security and operating systems. Broad experience in different technology stacks such as Java/J2EE or Microsoft (.NET).
- Experience with the architecture and migration of applications to the cloud
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Experience with Salesforce and Salesforce development and architecture
- Experience with one or more API Management platforms
- Experience with and understanding of the deliverables and value proposition of Solutions Architecture
- Experience delivering business-centric, integrated technology solutions at an international scale
- Understanding of corporate strategy (and how technology supports and enables)
- Deep understanding of technology trends and a broad knowledge of technology products and vendors
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies, and processing environments.
- Knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks; Problem solving; Creative thinking, developing and acting on ideas.
- Ability to balance the long-term and short-term implications of individual decisions.
- Ability to comprehend rapidly the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills in order to communicate to peers, management, and business unit staff
- Knowledge of IT systems technology developments and trends.
- Broad knowledge in technology products.
- Understanding of Agile processes
- Familiarity with leveraging the Microsoft technologies: Azure / cloud, DevOps,.NET, etc
- Experience with common system integration and services frameworks such as SOA
- Experience participating in a diverse team setting
- Ability to act in a leadership role supporting teams of skilled resources
- Extensive knowledge of IT development best practices and processes
- Experience in mentoring and educating fellow technology staff members
- Ability to manage reporting and metrics for a small set of work efforts
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.