Assurant Connected Living North America is seeking an experienced Sr. Technical Product Owner that will lead the product lifecycle from ideation through to delivery – ensuring that technology solutions pursued are aligned to business goals, are technically feasible and drive an improved omnichannel customer experience.
As a Sr. Technical Product Owner, you will understand business needs and priorities at a tactical and a strategic level, providing communication and coordination between the relevant business stakeholders and the technology product development teams. Your role is essential to owning the product and its features and capabilities, also ensuring that business priorities reflect the committed work of the development team. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the product value proposition and desired business capabilities are reflected in the product developed to ensure the success of the business endeavor.
As part of the technical product team , you will develop the technology feature and capabilities roadmap to ensure alignment of product development efforts with strategic business plans. Owning Product backlog and supporting execution of Sprint backlog across various scrum teams.
In this highly-collaborative role, you will partner with cross-functional teams including business, customer experience and Sr. technology stakeholders, to identify areas of opportunity to improve the digital experience, define product requirements and ensure successful execution of all deliverables throughout the product development lifecycle for an assigned product, set of projects and/or initiatives.
What Makes us different?
- Be part of a team that enables change in our organization by identifying needs and recommending solutions that deliver value.
- We value people who can bring a diverse perspective to our products and have a real meaningful impact on the direction of the products.
- Everyone is encouraged to come up with new ideas to make our customers’ lives better.
- Our vision unites us. By living our purpose, values, and commitments, we’re working together toward a common goal; creating the future of Assurant.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Partnering with PMO to ensure all projects and/or initiatives are properly estimated and moving forward.
- Participating in product planning and product strategy sessions to help define overall product vision and feature needs.
- Establishing and maintaining a quarterly product roadmap and prioritized product backlog.
- Ensuring that business, functional and system requirements are well written and that there is clear communication and coordination of requirements with impacted stakeholders, clients and/or dependent application teams.
- Working with business analyst(s) to define project and/or initiative scope (i.e. Epics, Feature Sets and Product Backlog Items).
- Participating in backlog refinement sessions and scrum ceremonies, accepting user stories after completion by the scrum delivery team, Facilitating stakeholder demos.
- Conducting User Acceptance Testing and coordinating with impacted stakeholders in preparation for release to production.
- Executing adoption and communications plan for product enhancements, Defining, reviewing, and tracking success metrics associated with product performance.
- Proactively monitoring product experience to identify areas of improvement.
- Keeping management informed of progress and status of all assigned projects and/or initiatives.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 5 + years’ experience as Technical Product Owner, Business Analyst, Program Manager or Implementation Manager
- 5+ years of experience in managing moderate to high-complexity agile projects
- Must have a strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
- Strong analytical and fact-based decision-making skills
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills, proven ability to handle multiple tasks
- Proven ability to translate ideas and vision into product definition and requirements (i.e. define and clearly document project scope)
- Strong written communication and presentation skills needed
- Ability to prepare concise presentations suitable for consumption by senior leadership
- Product or program management experience
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Experience with managing projects through a software development lifecycle – Scaled Agile Framework / SAFe
- Direct experience with consumer web facing technology, online experience, web analytics
- Experience in high-tech industry
- Experience working in a complex project environment
- Extensive cross-functional team participation and experience
- Ability to operate and execute autonomously
- Product Owner certification a plus
- Bachelor's degree preferably in business, product management or another technology-focused field
What are the working conditions and physical requirement of this job?
How much should I expect to travel?
Up to 5%
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.