Senior UX Designer
The Sr. UX/UI Designer is responsible for creating and implementing designs which make human-computer interactions intuitive, easy, adaptive, consistent, and relevant to the task being performed. The designer must ensure that the design of a system not only satisfies the functionality that the user requires, but also considers the emotions that those particular pieces of functionality will invoke.
What makes us different?
- Opportunity to work with some of the best brands across the globe.
- Highly collaborative team of UX research and design professionals.
- Strong consumer advocacy and data driven design culture.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- The Senior UX Designer will be responsible for translating the requirements for a product's optimal functionality into interactive and visually creative solutions. This entails the incorporation of market research and psychology, design of the human-computer interface for optimal effectiveness, inclusion of easily navigable content, strong visual/information design and finishing for maximum pixel perfect aesthetic appeal.
- The Senior UX/UI Designer will participate in the discovery, definition, design, development, and deployment processes of the software delivery lifecycle – researching and understanding users, creating user journey maps and personas, defining wireframes, information architecture, and style guides, producing interface designs, validating assumptions using usability testing and support the front-end development.
- Experience working on B2B, B2B2C and D2C platforms for the web, enterprise applications, software which leverage emergent technologies, consumer appliances and/or mobile devices.
- Active collaboration with the product owners, UX peers, developers, business stakeholders and corporate brand marketing are an essential part of this role.
- Demonstrable experience translating design concepts and constraints into elegant and intuitive high-fidelity wireframes, interaction mockups, user experience flows, and functional UI prototypes.
- Creates journey maps, navigation flows, site maps, user stories, wireframes, concept diagrams and personas.
- Continually improve UX process in collaboration with the business.
- Leverages metrics, optimization, qualitative and quantitative research to inform and validate design decisions.
- You're a great storyteller - verbally, visually, in writing, and behaviorally. You have the ability to generate and communicate your research, conceptual ideas, attractive designs, and design rationale; all within a structured user-centered design process.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), communications or equivalent professional experience as an interactive/user experience designer.
- 7+ years of relevant experience as a UX/UI designer, interaction designer, information architect, software/graphic designer, or similar role.
- Demonstrable expertise in industry standard design and prototyping tools and frameworks such as Figma, Sketch, Invision, Adobe CS/CC, and Axure.
- Experience designing responsive user experiences that people can access on any type of device, desktop, tablet, phone.
- Working knowledge of implementing ADA accessibility compliance standards as part of the design deliverables.
- Experience in executing moderated and unmoderated user testing phases to encourage data driven design approach. Familiarity with AB testing, impression testing is desirable
- Ability to define patterns and advocate for consistency, without repressing inspiration or inhibiting innovation.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- An unfailing passion and capacity to advocate on behalf of our users.
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations.
- You're a commanding storyteller who distills complex problems and proposes simple, elegant solutions.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience creating great user-centered design solutions that have moved the needle commercially or in terms of customer satisfaction.
- UX certifications are a huge plus (NNG, HFI etc.).
Please submit your UX design portfolio with the application.
This is a remote position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.