Assurant is seeking a Shared Services Operations Specialist for the Florence, SC facility. This position is onsite and not open for working from home. The address of the Florence office is 1323 Celebration Blvd, Florence, SC 29501.
This job is responsible for processing and researching loan items to include processing checks and performing monetary transactions. Also responsible for corresponding with customers, clients and agents via phone and email.
The schedule for this position is Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm with possible overtime as needed.
Primary duties of Shared Services Positions include:
- Responsible for performing job requirements including processing checks, payments, maintenance, basic analysis or research.
- May perform monetary functional transactions such as posting deposits to client servicing system, processing premium payments, updating insurance data, balancing and sending wire disbursements, or transmitting stop pay requests directly to financial institution bank accounts.
- Responsible for performing analysis on and resolving issues related to disbursements through review of system transactions, checks, reports, phone or written inquiries.
- Uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering and / or trouble shooting the items raised by the client / insurance company / customer.
- May work in multi-functional areas with multiple clients
Job duties may vary based on Shared Services department of assignment. Shared Services Specialist would be responsible for the primary duties listed above along with their specific duties by function, and they are:
- Provides high level of accuracy in check handling
- Maintain secure check handling environment
Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- High School diploma or GED
- 1 year basic data entry experience
- Good verbal/written communication skills
- Solid work quality, accuracy and proficiency
- Sound analytical skills
- Ability to adapt well to change
- Proficient with MS Excel
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.