Overview of Position
This job is responsible for team work flow and ensuring client standards are met. Responsible for training, coaching, motivation and direction to team members while creating an environment which encourages teamwork, commitment, increased productivity and superior quality.
What makes us different?
Assurant is committed to providing a competitive rewards package that goes beyond the value of your paycheck. We offer an array of market-competitive benefits and resources to support your physical, emotional, financial, and social wellbeing goals. These include programs to help you invest in your financial future such as savings programs, as well as competitive health and wellbeing benefits to support you and your family. www.MyAssurantBenefits.com
- Health Coverage Starting Day One: We offer competitive health and wellbeing benefits to support you and your family. You can choose from a range of health and dental plan options, as well as health plan accounts
- Retirement: Assurant offers retirement savings plans globally. U.S.-based employees are offered a 401(k) plan in which Assurant matches 100% of every dollar contributed, up to 6 percent of eligible pay.
- Career Development: Assurant offers a variety of internal courses, workshops, special projects, coaching, and mentoring programs. Tuition reimbursement and other professional enrichment opportunities are also available to encourage continuous learning.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Assurant’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) allows employees to purchase shares of Assurant, Inc. stock at a 10 percent discount with funds contributed through after-tax payroll deductions.
- Work-Life Balance: We strive to provide a work environment that encourages work/life balance. Options depend on job responsibilities and may include flexible work schedules, telework, paid time off, and part-time employment.
- Family Planning Support: Fertility benefits and support services with 24/7 access to nurse care services. $30,000 medical and prescription drug lifetime maximum benefit for fertility services. Assurant will provide up to $20,000 of financial assistance for adoption and or surrogacy.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job ?
- Applies expert problem solving skills on complex issues for researching and resolving exception items that have been initiated via various channels.
- Analyzes problems, make recommendations and make decisions impacting team.
- Ensures that all deadlines are met and that daily work is distributed appropriately and that client standards are met on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Provides training, coaching, motivation, and direction to team members while creating an environment which encourages teamwork, commitment, increased productivity and superior quality.
- Participates in regularly scheduled conference calls with clients designed to obtain feedback on the performance of the Unit, and to provide an opportunity to implement any necessary procedural changes.
- The Team Lead partners with the manager on process improvements and workflow to ensure business objectives are met.
- Follows standard procedures and policies with more senior levels using greater latitude and judgment in responding to inquiries.
Job duties may vary based on Shared Services department of assignment . Shared Services Team Lead would be responsible for the primary duties listed above along with their specific duties by function, and they are:
- Provides high level of accuracy in check handling
- Maintain secure check handling environment
- Ability to comprehend complex insurance data to allow accurate updating to the Condo Database ensuring clients meet complicated regulatory standards and to ensure the association has insurance coverage at all times.
- Make outbound telephone calls to insurance agents, Management Companies, Homeowner’s Associations, and/or insurance carriers.
- Audit escrow analysis trials to determine if the proposed mortgage payment changes are accurate. Adjust the hazard and tax amounts as needed.
- Determine if branch tax schedules were followed
- Make appropriate contact with Taxing Authorities
- Validate accuracy of payees for specific clients.
- Process payee requests and returns accurately.
- Validate and update EDI exception data in accordance with established client procedures.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- High School diploma or GED
- 3 year experience in insurance, banking, finance, mortgage servicing or related experience/education
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Proficient with MS Excel, MS Word and web based applications
- Cash handling experience preferred (Check Recon/SMBR)
- 4 year college degree
- Good verbal/written communication skills
- Solid work quality, accuracy and proficiency
- Sound analytical skills
- Solid internal and external communication skills
- General system application and processing knowledge
- Solid customer service skills
- Ability to adapt well to change
- Applies expert problem solving and analytical skills to resolve complex issues
Assurant, Inc. is a global leader in business services for the connected world. Our lifestyle and housing solutions help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We support, connect and service over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 500, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the company are governed based on merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.