Shared Services Team Lead
This job is responsible for teamwork flow and ensuring client standards are met. Responsible for training, coaching, motivating and direction to team members while creating an environment which encourages teamwork, commitment, increased productivity and superior quality.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Applies expert problem-solving skills on complex issues for researching and resolving exception items that have been initiated via various channels.
- Analyzes problems, make recommendations and make decisions impacting team.
- Ensures that all deadlines are met and that daily work is distributed appropriately and that client standards are met on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Provides training, coaching, motivation, and direction to team members while creating an environment which encourages teamwork, commitment, increased productivity and superior quality.
- Participates in regularly scheduled conference calls with clients designed to obtain feedback on the performance of the Unit, and to provide an opportunity to implement any necessary procedural changes.
- The Team Lead partners with the manager on process improvements and workflow to ensure business objectives are met.
- Follows standard procedures and policies with more senior levels using greater latitude and judgment in responding to inquiries.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- High School diploma or GED.
- 3-year experience in insurance, banking, finance, mortgage servicing or related experience/education.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Proficient with MS Excel, MS Word and web-based applications.
- Cash handling experience preferred (Check Recon/SMBR).
- 4-year college degree.
- Good verbal/written communication skills.
- Solid work quality, accuracy and proficiency.
- Sound analytical skills.
- Solid internal and external communication skills.
- General system application and processing knowledge
- Solid customer service skills
- Ability to adapt well to change
- Applies expert problem solving and analytical skills to resolve complex issues
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures, and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking, and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.