Senior Financial Analyst (9 month fixed term contract)
Reporting to the European Financial Controller, you will prepare month end cost performance. You will ensure our accounts are complete and accurate and prepared following our monthly reporting timetables. You will also work with the cost partners to produce management reporting and help understand performance.
Finally, you will build cost models, both for actuals and plan, and will be the main person for group level data requests on costs. Providing accurate advanced financial information and analysis that contribute to goals.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintain monthly accruals & prepayments for the cost base, reviewing for reasonableness, completeness and accuracy against prior month and plan in order for strategic cost decision-making to be done.
- Ensure the cost contract database is maintained through liaison with cost partners advising and guiding the business on their costs as well maintain PowerQuery models.
- Maintain confidential payroll data, ensuring it reconciles back to payroll reports and that cost center allocations are done based on business inputs to provide team members with management information.
- Ensure balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly, balances understood and investigated. Identify risks and opportunities and support Management with decisions.
- Develop the cost database, being comfortable in pulling data and creating new reporting, in PowerQuery & PowerPivot and use data for strategic analysis
- Collaborate with finance colleagues across Europe to ensure all cost bases are accurate and understood.
- Maintain business relationships with partners.
You will have the following experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) and a high level of technical proficiency
- Advanced spreadsheet skills
- Good accounting skills with a desire to develop new solutions.
- Commercial mindset
- Credible with finance managers and senior management
- Experience working in a finance team within a mid to large sized organization
Benefits & Training
- Bonus Scheme
- Flexible Working
- Internal Wellbeing Programme
- LinkedIn Learning
- Learning and Development opportunities
At Assurant, diversity helps us inspire creativity in the global marketplace, and we are believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.