Remote Working Opportunities Available
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. A creative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to support our customers and clients.
At Assurant, diversity helps us inspire creativity in the global marketplace, and we are believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
A diverse and inclusive Assurant helps us better understand and connect with our employees, clients & customers.
To achieve this, we believe we must reflect the diversity of the customers we serve
Our continued year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. We need a range of professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies to excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward. Every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customers.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who will report into our Application Delivery team. The successful candidate will analyze requirements, designs, codes, tests, installs and maintains application systems, in response to enterprise needs from moderate to high complexity.
Other responsibilities include ;
- Analyse requirements and design solutions for approved projects and change requests of moderate to high complexity and risk
- Design/develop system, application and program code according to business and technical requirements
- Participate in quality assurance and testing to achieve quality goals
- Implement Solutions
- Provide System Support
- Maintain knowledge of the business operations and goals of Assurant
- Support and inform multiple project teams to achieve project goals
You will have the following skills ;
- Highly experienced in ASP.NET with knowledge of MVC, Web Forms, and ASP.Net Core MVC
- Experience using MS SQL
- Proficiency in software engineering tools (e.g. ADO, TFS, GIT, HP Fortify)
- In-depth knowledge of software development lifecycle and testing methodologies, including Agile software development practices and supporting tools, unit testing, and automated testing
To review the full list of responsibilities and requirements, please download the job description which can be found on our careers website
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be. And from flexible working to healthcare support, from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.