Software Engineer (Remote Working)
About Assurant :
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. A creative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to support our customers and clients.
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
Our continued year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. We need a range of professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies to excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward. Every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customers.
We are recruiting for a Software Engineer to join our Application Delivery team. Reporting to the Head of Engineering and Support you will analyse requirements and designs, codes, tests, installs and maintain application systems, programmes, functions, services and other related software components in response to enterprise needs of moderate to high complexity.
Other responsibilities include;
- Analyse requirements and design solutions for approved projects and change requests of moderate to high complexity and risk
- Design/develop system, application and programme code according to business and technical requirements
- Participate in quality assurance and testing to achieve quality goals
- Implement solutions and provide system support
- Maintain knowledge of the business operations and strategic goals of Assurant
You will have the following skills;
- Experience with Oracle and MS SQL
- 3+ years experience in VB.Net or C#
- 2+ Years experience in API service and testing
- Experience in Azure Service Fabric appreciated
- Proficiency in software engineering tools (e.g. ADO, TFS, GIT, HP Fortify)
- In-depth knowledge of software development lifecycle and testing methodologies, including Agile software development practices and supporting tools, unit testing, and automated testing
- Experience dealing with non-creative decision makers.
- Follow guidelines, and work well within a team environment.
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be.
We offer a great range of benefits which our employees value and help make Assurant the best place to learn and work. Our benefits reflect our commitment to attract, engage and retain the most talented people and offer a diverse selection of benefits to suit you whilst working at Assurant. And from flexible working to BOOST (our internal wellbeing programme) from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.