Sourcing Manager is responsible for to support initiatives/deals/agreements within assigned team. The role supports the overall sourcing team and will require the candidate to assist senior managers / directors with strategy development, sourcing expertise, category management and governance of complex vendors. This resource will provide critical services to the overall procurement team and as such will require attention to detail, data manipulation capabilities, & exceptional presentation skills. The Sourcing Manager will work closely with Business Relationship Managers, Directors, and project stakeholders through end to end sourcing process.
- Execute assigned strategic sourcing and procurement initiatives and agreements with little/no supervision required
- Seeks “win-win” outcomes that achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers and business stakeholders
- Support supplier agreements/contracts working with Sourcing team colleagues, cross-functional stakeholders, and suppliers to reach agreement on contract terms and conditions
- Generally, understand industry trends to help proactively identify issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of services, and utilize emerging opportunities
- Provide input to vendor selection and build ongoing vendor relationships
- Understand and support short-term and long-range planning goals and objectives of the Global Sourcing team
- Support established vendor governance program with key suppliers including metrics, performance goals and improvement initiatives
- Adhere to Sourcing policies and standard processes while ensuring compliance within the department
- Seek to continuously improve productivity and efficiency within assigned scope of responsibility
- Understand the cost drivers in assigned category and seek highest levels of ROI on behalf of Assurant
- Monitor value leakage within assigned supplier agreements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years’ experience in either Sourcing or Procurement industry
- 3+ or more years’ experience large category and contract management
- Should have general understanding of financial planning process to ensure initiatives result in savings and savings are extracted from FP&A process across multiple cost centers, functions, and entities
- May monitor supplier performance, outsourcing portfolio, and opportunity catalog across an assigned scope of supplier services and outsourced functions.
- Support the creation of issue and risk action and mitigation plans and assist in all activities associated with the execution and review of contracts.
- May have responsibilities with a global team of outsourced providers and an analyst team in India
- Responsible for supporting projects that deliver not only cost savings but also continuous improvement and cost optimization of suppliers and spend, while balancing the needs and desired business results of stakeholders. Results and benefits are measured across financial and operational dimensions, including total cost of ownership, contract quality and time to complete.
- Experience working in a cross functional model supporting initiatives/agreements across multiple stakeholders and lines of business (Indirect Categories including IT/technology/operations/finance/sales/marketing/legal/HR/Real estate & facilities or direct categories)
- Report escalations/disputes between cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers and/or engage leadership as appropriate
- Commitment to supplier diversity
- Ability to manage intermediate level projects and accountable to ensure successful delivery (on time, within budget, meeting agreed upon success criteria)
- Knowledge of the legal terminology and language related to third-party agreements and contracts
- Application of sourcing and supplier industry concepts for assigned scope of responsibility
- Sound skills and working knowledge of MS Office and MS Excel
- Must have excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to interact with the lower to mid-levels of executive leadership within Assurant and the supplier
- Must ensure compliance at all times with company business policies and procedures
- Experience with ServiceNow and Apttus preferred
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.