Assurant is seeking a candidate with experience managing the execution of the end-to-end IT SOX activities, leading a team of IT auditors and delivering the annual SOX IT testing program in a large company with a complex, diverse technology environment. The SOX IT Audit Manager ensures the timely execution of control testing that is required for Assurant’s annual SOX opinion and leveraged for various SOC reports. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, experience with manual and automated business process controls, and a willingness to share ideas and identify solutions to maintain an efficient SOX program and a reliable control environment.
The SOX IT Audit Manager is responsible for managing a team of IT auditors and administering the audit methodology that covers compliance with both SOX and SOC, and works with control process owners across Change Management, Logical Access, IT Operations, and Program Development teams. The SOX IT Audit Manager also serves as the operational, day-to-day point of contact for external IT auditors.
What makes us different?
- Be part of a team that enables change in our organization by identifying needs and recommending solutions that deliver value.
- We value people who can bring a diverse perspective to our products and have a real meaningful impact on the direction of the products.
- Everyone is encouraged to come up with new ideas to make our customers’ lives better.
- Our vision unites us. By living our purpose, values, and commitments, we’re working together toward a common goal; creating the future of Assurant.
What will be my responsibilities for this position?
Lead Assurant’s SOX IT general control testing program:
- Take ownership of the IT general control audit methodology that covers compliance with both SOX and SOC including scoping, controls documentation, walkthroughs, testing, control gap identification, remediation, and reporting
- Manage a team of IT auditors in the delivery of timely control results
- Work directly with IT control owners through the various ITGC test cycles
- Plan the annual SOX/SOC testing approach and schedule
- From planning to quality assurance testing, ensure the team is trained and follows the ITGC audit methodology
- Identify efficiencies through the use of data analytics and robotic process automation
- Frequently report audit progress to IT leaders, control owners, and the external auditor
- Support issue remediation efforts, including tracking the status of open issues and other IT-related findings
- As needed, assist with leading and/or testing controls as part of internal audit’s risk-based audit program
- May be required to travel (post pandemic) up to 10%
Build relationships with IT leaders:
- Develop relationships with technology platform and control process owners
- Build and maintain an understanding of Assurant’s IT general control processes (e.g., Change Management, Logical Access, IT Operations, and Program Development)
- Communicate with process owners to clarify the importance of an effective control environment and the role of internal audit
- Maintain awareness of significant changes across the organization and their potential impact on the established control environment
Work with the external IT auditors:
- Collaborate with the external auditor to align control testing, reliance areas, and expectations
- Coordinate testing schedule, coverage, and sample selections to align with SOC periods
- Work with the external auditor and SOX management to maintain a list of in-scope applications
- Assist with the ongoing evaluation and enhancement of Assurant’s internal audit methodology
- Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training, and share lessons learned with co-workers
What are the requirements for this position?
- 4 years of experience leading a team of IT auditors and delivering the annual SOX IT testing program in a large company
- Strong knowledge of IT processes and general controls
- Excellent oral, written, listening, and presentation skills
- Proven track record in applying broad business knowledge and practical experience to working with and managing technology risks and controls
- Demonstrated ability in project planning, management, and leading staff
- Detail-oriented and able to work well under pressure and accustomed to project work with tight deadlines.
- Creative, self-starter, quick thinker, and dedicated individual who is eager to put his/her stamp on this job role.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor.
- Team-oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure while managing multiple assignments and priorities
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Requires a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field
- Working knowledge of identity/authentication platforms such as Okta, Active Directory, or SailPoint
- Holds or intends to obtain related professional certification, such as CISA, CISSP, CISM, CIA
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
Remote/Virtual US based position
How much should I expect to travel?
- Up to 10%
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.