Business Resiliency Analyst
Remote Working Opportunities Available
About Assurant :
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. A creative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to support our customers and clients.
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
Our continued year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. We need a range of professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies to excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward. Every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customers.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Crisis Management you will assist with the development, administration, maintenance, and execution of the Enterprise Business Resiliency programme in partnership with department representatives, and participation in the production of crisis management and communication protocols during events that may impair normal business operations.
Other responsibilities include;
- Help with development, testing, and documentation of business resiliency programme including Risk Assessments, Growth Analysis, Department Planning, Business Continuity Plans, Emergency Operations Centre, Planning of functional drills and exercises.
- Consult with process owners to encourage appropriate linkage between operations and verification of associated recovery requirements.
- Provide guidance and record the scheduled BCP exercise and provide the details to Business Continuity.
- Perform periodic audits of existing BC Plans and report to management on improvements
- Ensure BC and DR plans are established to recover from major service disruptions and unusual business incidents
- Contribute technical expertise and skills necessary to serve as an expert for programmes tool enhancement used by the Business Resiliency group
You will have the following skills;
- Awareness of business continuity, crisis/emergency management, project management domains
- Experience in risk assessment, strategy development, testing, and programme management
- Knowledge of insurance, financial, I/T, and risk management operations
- Familiarity with business operations, important processes, and interdependencies on systems
- Bachelor's degree from a 4-year college or university, or 3+ years' directly related experience.
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (DRII CBCP) designation or Emergency Management certification very helpful
- Experience working in a complex, global company
- Knowledge of Fusion Risk Management
- Knowledge of OnSolve Mass Communication tool
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be.
We offer a great range of benefits which our employees value and help make Assurant the best place to learn and work. Our benefits reflect our commitment to attract, engage and retain the most talented people and offer a diverse selection of benefits to suit you whilst working at Assurant. And from flexible working to BOOST (our internal wellbeing programme) from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.