Assurant is seeking multiple SR Business Unit Project Managers for the York, PA facility with the opportunity to work remote from home!
This is a remote position
The Business Unit Project Manager III manages the key aspects of project planning, implementation, and execution for the Hazard Compliance/Quality Assurance (QA) organization departmental projects and key initiatives. Projects may vary for small/medium projects with moderate risk and complexity, as well as high-risk, larger projects. Business Unit Project Manager III will work with various team members and internal customers to coordinate and execute the project/implementation plan and deliver the expected objectives in a timely manner to produce the anticipated outcome with high quality results.
Primary Job Accountabilities/
- Manage complex business projects and be accountable for delivering a quality product
- Balance the competing demands for project scope, timing, risk, and quality, while ensuring project change controls are in place
- Track multiple projects or independent components of large, complex projects on a combined plan
- Document project status, providing accurate and timely reports of current and projected progress of all project tasks; Participate in creating and maintaining department documentation (e.g., procedures, checklist, and guidelines) for projects or tasks
- Ensure risks are identified and appropriate risk management techniques are followed during the project life cycle; identify, help resolve, and report relevant issues and delays to management and project stakeholders
- Ensure business requirements are delivered and fully understood by the development team and manage the requirements of the stakeholders, while proactively managing customer expectations on current and future business needs
- Recognize opportunities for process improvement and propose recommendations, or take appropriate action as necessary
- Communicate effectively with internal customers and actively seek alignment with expectations on all aspects of program execution; Build rapport with, and among, all project stakeholders, and instill confidence with the ability to add value and meet identified needs.
- Lead/Facilitate team meetings, produce periodic status reports and updated plans; Identify the need for meetings with key project participants; Facilitate team communication, participation, conflict resolution, and consensus
- Maximize efficiency of assigned project team through strong leadership, organizational, and motivational skills. Mediate and resolve project team conflicts, utilizing experience of the department coordinators. Use creativity and resourcefulness in identifying and implementing team-building techniques.
Ad Hoc 20%-
- Provide analytical support to key stakeholders regarding metrics, reporting, and special projects
- Manage and coordinate targeted reviews
- Create standardized methods to promote efficiency and effectiveness across the organization
- Respond to requests from Hazard Compliance, QA, Operations, etc.
- 6 years of insurance, mortgage, or financial services experience
- 6 years of Compliance and/or Audit experience
- 6 years of project management business experience
- 5 years utilizing data analysis and improvement tools
- Project Management Institute (PMI) PMP certification
- Bachelor’s degree
- Greenbelt Certification and knowledge of Six Sigma tools and methodologies
- Thorough knowledge of business processes and an understanding of the factors that influence Assurant Specialty Property Quality
- Knowledge of Assurant products and basic understanding of regulatory compliance governing the mortgage industry and lender placement policies
- Knowledge of specialty property insurance processes (processing, customer care, loss drafts, pmi, reporting, etc.)
- Requires strong project management skills; ability provide leadership to accomplish project goals; Requires the ability to plan and manage multi-faceted projects
- Ability to influence and negotiate solutions with individuals that are not direct reports; Number of team members to provide coordination for will vary according to project assignment; Must work effectively with a wide variety of company functions and individuals
- Self-motivation to independently work to complete multiple projects/tasks in a timely and accurate fashion; ability to perform detailed work under deadline pressure in a fast-paced environment; ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and the corresponding ability to quickly provide sound decisions and recommendations
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills - oral, written, and presentation to effectively communicate and coordinate process/project information, especially working with cross-functional teams; ability to present a professional image
- Open-minded and flexible, focusing on operational outcomes that are consistent with organizational objectives
- Requires problem solving ability and the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and align activities and priorities to meet organizational goals
- Preferred risk management skills
- Perform effectively when changes in priorities, direction and resources occur
- Ability to process complex time sensitive data and information from multiple sources, make decisions based on this data, and to effectively communicate the related required actions to a broad audience.
- Requires strong ability to analyze process/project operations and suggest improvements that will enhance operations.
- Skilled at these applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio