Assurant is hiring a Sr. Business Unit Systems Analyst - this is a remote opportunity.
The Sr Business Unit Systems Analyst is responsible for providing expert system support for complex system functions, solutions for problems/issues, and leading complex projects in support of business initiatives. The Analyst’s primary role is to optimize use of tools and technology by identifying and executing system enhancements and building business cases for expansion to drive maximum return on investment (ROI), improve efficiency, and attainment of client contractual Service Levels, and growth.
- TECHNICAL EXPERTISE AND PRODUCTION SUPPORT
- Provide production assistance and support in multiple areas across the enterprise. Be the subject matter expert for Service Level Management/Optimization tools and applications.
- Act as customer and Global Technology liaison for Service Level Management systems and tools including (but not limited to) Intradiem, Cisco eGain, and Alvaria WFM. This includes the management of Users, Tasks, Assignments, Rules, Reports, and the overall configuration of the solutions.
- Manage issue resolution internally with Global Technology and with external vendors (e.g., Intradiem); work with users and technical staff to identify the source of problems; develop effective resolutions.
- Responsible for maximizing the return on investment (ROI) related to Service Level management technology.
- Track and prioritize requests and backlog items related to service level management technology.
- Contribute to training efforts by writing documentation or manuals, preparing presentations, delivering training, and providing follow-up to training
- SOLUTIONS ENGINEERING AND OPTIMIZATION
- Analyze, assess, and optimize the performance of Service Level Management tools and technology to drive value realization and gain efficiencies.
- Proactively identify opportunities and implement solutions to automate manual processes.
- Identify trends/patterns; conduct root cause analysis; implement solution alternatives that balance the needs of the business and stakeholders.
- Assess impact (including financial) of proposed business solutions on current systems and procedures.
- Facilitate stakeholder discussions and conduct research to define and execute on functional requirements, including system scope and objectives for complex projects.
- Document complex existing and new business processes and workflows.
- Identify and track checkpoints within business processes, including metrics for process performance and resource constraints.
- Prioritize issues appropriately, deliver results on time and within budget
- PROJECT LEADERSHIP AND INNOVATION:
- Perform cost/benefit analysis and evaluation of business case for expanding the use of automation and service level management tools and technology
- Drive project deliverables including vision documents, status reports, project risk, and resource and financial plans. Proactively communicate status, business impacts and system changes to stakeholders (team members, business partners, sponsors, management, etc.)
- Manage activities and projects of a complex nature with minimal direction from management.
- Lead multiple projects concurrently.
- Develop and execute plans for project tasks, including scheduling and coordinating activities of other team members to produce deliverables.
- Monitor progress of implementation schedules and proactively redirect efforts when project goals are not being met.
- Anticipate problems; develop and execute contingency plans and implement solutions for issues.
- Communicate with stakeholders to successfully influence project scope, design, and outcomes.
- Experience with workforce management applications (i.e., eWorkforce Management, Blue Pumpkin, NICE WFM)
- Experience with Cisco, eGain Reporting, and Intradiem
- Minimum 2 years of WFM experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to process complex time sensitive data and information from multiple sources, make decisions and communicate actions.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently or as part of a project team to complete multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Project Management certification or related business analysis certification, or equivalent work experience (Agile product owner or project management experience)
- Change management skills
- Ability to work effectively with remote leadership
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical personnel
- Ability to lead through adverse circumstances and take ownership of expected and/or actual results
- Effectively prepare and present information to Senior Management and Business Partners
- Ability to effectively influence others, including Senior Management and Business Partners
- Make decisions that reflect company core principles; be accountable for and hold others accountable to standards
- Advanced Microsoft suite skills preferred
- Previous experience in a multi-site support environment preferred
- High school diploma or GED
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.