Assurant has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Finance Systems and Process Analyst!
This position is responsible for participating in and playing a lead role in various global finance process/controls improvement and financial systems transformation projects.
Primary Job Responsibilities
The scope of responsibilities for this position will span the global finance organization at Assurant and will require working collaboratively with various groups across the company including various Finance, IT, Operations, and Business areas.
The individual in this role will:
Play a lead role in the remediation of manual processes and help drive efforts to:
Work collaboratively with areas across the organization to identify, inventory, analyze, risk assess, and remediate higher risk manual processes
Leverage prior experiences and expertise to identify, propose, and implement automated solutions and reduce reliance on manual processes, with a focus on prioritizing the remediation of those processes that currently have the most risk and/or inefficiency
Identify and test use cases for prototyping robotic process automation (RPA)
Prepare and present updates to project steering committee and other key stakeholders, as needed
Collaborate with internal and external auditors, sharing results of project
Participate in project operating committee meetings and prepare deliverables, as assigned
Help create, implement, and manage an ongoing project/initiative request, evaluation and prioritization process across finance
Work with areas to prepare the appropriate business cases with costs, benefits, and other qualitative information
Develop process to review and prioritize requests
Coordinate Finance Review Board process
Provide project management
Track projects and provide ongoing status reporting and updates
Identify opportunities to better leverage technology to create efficiencies, increase consistency, and improve controls in Finance and Accounting processes
Provide process and operational support to the global financial systems and process strategy and play an active role in the implementation of a new ERP platform
Support efforts to manage an ongoing Finance project/initiative request, evaluation and prioritization process
- Work with areas to identify project needs and then prepare the appropriate business cases with the appropriate costs, benefits, and other qualitative information
- Review, validate, and assess submitted business cases for reasonableness and completeness
- Prepare a standardized reporting and tracking process distributed on a regular basis to key stakeholders
- Track projects and provide ongoing qualitative and quantitative status reporting and updates to Finance leadership
Collaborate with internal audit and external audit to track open issues and questions and work with the various accounting areas to respond and remediate as appropriate.
Assist in documenting, developing, and implementing financial processes and enhanced controls.
Basic Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree with Accounting or Finance major
- 7+ years of experience with increasing responsibility in an accounting, FP&A, or similar finance organization
- Strong Accounting and/or Finance data management background
- Strong data management and analysis skills; ability to synthesize large, complex data sets
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Understanding of U.S. G.A.A.P., management reporting, and planning/forecasting processes
- Experience in designing and implementing Finance/Accounting processes and workflows
- Experience in defining, scoping and managing process and technology projects and initiatives
- Experience with and understanding of the flow of information from various policy/business admin systems to the general ledger
- Understanding of automated reconciliation and balancing
- Experience in project management
- Experience in leveraging technology to improve Finance processes
- Understanding of automated reconciliation and balancing processes
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft tools including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, and Visio
- Strong written and oral communication skills;complex organizational issues; ability to communicate with all levels within the organization
- Ability to work effectively and independently with other disciplines
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail
- Up to 20% travel
Preferred Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to communicate with executive-level individuals and groups
- Ability to scope initiatives, based on identified needs and gaps
- Results orientated
- Facilitation, including with peers and senior leaders
- Influence skills, including with peers and senior leaders
- Change leader
- Able to dive deep and to see the bigger picture
- Prior experience with Oracle Cloud Financials a plus
Benefits and Value Proposition
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), generous paid time off and much more.
We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our employees.
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
To learn more about our current opportunities and apply online, please visit: http://www.assurant.jobs < http://www.assurant.jobs/ >
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers < http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers > (@AssurantCareers)
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $30 billion in assets and $9 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,500 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district. www.assurant.com .