Do you have a balance of hands-on technical and audit experience?
Are you interested in using your talent and experience to make a difference as part of an influential audit team?
The Senior IT Auditor will plan, organize, and perform technology audits that cover general IT controls, information security, application development, technical infrastructure, network operations, and support financial and operational audits. This role conducts audit interviews, assesses risks, identifies controls, develops test plans, gathers and reviews evidence, documents audit activities, and articulately communicates audit results to senior management.
The Senior IT Auditor is also responsible for leading technology audit efforts and other value-added services including the coordination and oversight of 3rd party consulting services.
Participate in complex audit projects:
- Build and maintain an understanding of Assurant’s core IT control processes (e.g., change management, logical access, IT operations, software development)
- Participate in the planning of audits by collaborating with IT and business management to learn their processes, identify risks and key controls
- Design risk-based IT audit programs for business process reviews, system implementations, and application reviews
- Execute audit procedures including leading interviews, requesting, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting test steps in detailed, well-supported work papers
- Provide timely engagement updates to business and audit management
- Review work papers to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Draft accurate, well supported audit reports and risk/issue statements
- Assess the adequacy of gap remediation plans
- Track the status of open issues and evaluate remediation efforts
- As needed, manage 3rd party audit teams and engagements
- As needed, assist with the testing of IT general controls related to SOX compliance
Build relationships with IT leaders:
- Develop and maintain productive, team-oriented relationships with IT process owners
- Maintain awareness of significant changes across the organization and their potential impact on the established control environment
- Communicate with process and control owners to clarify the importance of an effective control environment, and the role of internal audit
- Assist with the ongoing evaluation and enhancement of Assurant’s audit methodology
- Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training, and share lessons learned with co-workers
- Strong oral, written, listening, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a hands-on technology role such as application development, system administration, IT control, or related support function
- Some exposure to risk-based IT audit including documentation of business processes, risks, and controls
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Ability to operate a computer with a high level of proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products, including experience with large spreadsheets, databases and word processing
- May be required to travel (post COVID) up to 15%
- In-depth knowledge of the threats and vulnerabilities associated with business technologies
- Strong knowledge of IT controls related to system operations, information security, change management and software development
- Working knowledge of cloud platforms, Azure, AWS, Oracle Cloud, or Salesforce
- Proven track record in applying broad business knowledge and practical experience to working with and managing technology risks and controls
- Ability and experience in translating business rules into technical definitions
- Demonstrated ability in project planning, management, and leading staff
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure while managing multiple assignments and priorities
- Working knowledge of identity/authentication platforms such as Active Directory, RACF, Oracle Identity Manager or SailPoint
- Exposure to a variety of technologies that can be used to export, import, manipulate data. For example: MS Excel, MS SQL Server, Oracle, Tableau
- Some experience working with data analytics
- Some exposure to Accounting/Finance principles
- Holds or intends to obtain related professional certification, such as CISA, CISSP, CISM, CIA
- Working knowledge of secure application coding practices and standards
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
Benefits and Value Proposition
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), generous paid time off and much more.
We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our employees.
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
To learn more about our current opportunities and apply online, please visit: http://www.assurant.jobs < http://www.assurant.jobs/ >
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers < http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers > (@AssurantCareers)
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $30 billion in assets and $9 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,500 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district. www.assurant.com .