Sr. Performance Engineer Analyst
Assurant is seeking a Sr. Performance Engineer Analyst with the opportunity to work remote from Home!
The Sr Process Engineer Analyst reports to the Performance Engineering Manager. The position operates with a high level of independence in strategic planning, data analysis, and automation improvement initiatives in a world class organization. The position will partner with peers within the Performance Engineering team, and across the Global Home organization to help promote best practice solutions, maximize workforce productivity, minimize waste, and supply value-added feedback. As a trusted advisor to Senior Leadership, the Sr PEA supports the Performance Engineering Leader to challenge preconceptions, “Business As Usual” (BAU), supplies value-added feedback, and leverages industry-leading best practices for maximum internal advantage. The Sr PEA executes on planned and systematic activities across Global Home as directed by the Performance Engineering Leader. The Sr PEA will collaborate with peers for ongoing monitoring and assessment of business risk and ensure strategic alignment while maximizing the value impact. The Sr PEA will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to evaluate components of a process and communicate to the Performance Engineering Leader on the following: process automation, risk rating, process efficiency, and the ability to support a positive Borrower Experience. The Sr PEA will be responsible for supporting the development of new processes or applicable logic as well as providing necessary ongoing maintenance or support of any deployed products currently owned by the PE Team and as directed by the Performance Engineering Manager.
Key Job responsibilities:
- Support the Performance Engineering Leader in complex Enterprise strategic initiatives with the use of advanced analytics, deep process understanding, RPA tools, and modeling techniques.
- Have a thorough understanding of the various source systems
- Analyze existing processes or workflows of low to medium complexity for adaptive or corrective changes.
- Document existing and new business workflows. Display basic knowledge of fundamental project process re-engineering approaches and techniques
- Conceptualize complex business questions, develop analysis and present actionable results
- Develop SQL queries to retrieve information from relational databases
- Collaborate on projects with associates and business leaders from multiple groups within the organization.
- Collaborate with team members (onsite and virtual) to identify issues or request feedback
- Establish business cases by identifying business unit or functional area needs that can be addressed with Performance Optimization tools
- Drives ideas for future process improvements and value
- Share best practice, trends, knowledge and lessons learned across units and with clients and partners, articulating ideas verbally and in writing in a clear manner across audiences of varied levels
- Develop, test, document, implement & automate solutions following standards and guidelines set out by the department
- Build partnerships to ensure data is obtained quickly, proper automation tools are implemented efficiently, and collaboration occurs seamlessly.
- Peer coaching and development sharing knowledge across their peer group, both within the team and outside, to instill new tools and innovative thinking across the enterprise.
- The person will interface with the Sr Leadership within multiple organizational functions.
- They will also interface with site resources and clients.
- Specific interactions include: Operational site directors/VP’s, Process Execs, Director of Account Executive Team, the Quality department, Vendors, Finance, and Front-Line Associates
*This is a remote position
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6 years utilizing data analysis and improvement tools
- 5 years interpreting and documenting workflow processes
- 4 years of working across enterprise/business initiatives
- 4 years of experience in developing, scripting and supporting robotic process automation.
- Must be willing to travel as necessary
- Knowledge or experience within Global Housing Operations Lines of Business
- Proven ability to drive quantifiable business results
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrated through experience and results
- Proven strategic thinking/planning abilities
- Mastery of technical skills and application/coaching of technical skills associated with approaches to improve quality - ie — Design, Process Management, LEAN and DMAIC, Black Belt
- Expert knowledge of software programs — PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Tableau/PowerBI, Power Shell, Python, Blue Zone, VBA and SQL
- Mastery of tools and approaches for Reporting of Results at multiple levels for different audiences to continuously add value and insight
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and work independently or as part of a project team to complete multiple tasks
- Proven ability to make the complex simple
- Ability to work independently with high credibility
$71,300.00 - $119,100.00
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.