As a Senior Quality Assurance Lead , you will inspect, test, and audit product processes following set procedures and exercising reasonable judgment. Attention to detail is essential and requires your effective performance of a variety of quality assurance and inspection operations. You are responsible for performing audits on all processes and process output. You will generate audit reports based on findings, issue reports, and Corrective Action Requests (CAR) as required. Reports will be created and maintained relative to audits which have been performed, audit results, pending audits and open CAR’s. You will utilize your technical background and identify improvement opportunities which will deliver defect free product at effective cost.
Primary Job Accountabilities / Responsibilities :
- Audit established processes and process output to defined standards
- Create and maintain audit, forms, records consisting of information databases, reports and graphics utilizing Microsoft programs such as Excel/Word for analysis and distribution
- Issues and follows up on CAR’s to address audit discrepancies as required
- Cultivate and maintain productive working relationships with internal team members, interdepartmental functions, and external companies
- Review audit findings with Supervision and Management for audited areas and corrective actions required
- Identify process improvement opportunities and provide effective / implemented solutions
- Maintain data on audit results in appropriate hard copy and electronic format
- Document relevant facts and information to support work performed.
- Create reports with concise summary of results and clearly identified actions.
- Provide a history of audit reports and effective system improvements
- Ability to identifying cosmetic flaws or damaged components; Troubleshooting defective testers
- Conduct root case failure analysis and troubleshooting on suspected defective devices/parts or reflective data
- Creating and revising all work instructions for the Quality Department areas.
- Creates SIPOC documents and training to operators.
- Tracking weekly tasks regularly along with metrics for every operator.
- Work on multiple programs and in multiple QA functional areas.
- Serve as the resource for questions from other co-workers when Supervisor is unavailable.
- Documenting relevant facts and information to support work performed (metrics/UPH/accuracy).
- Maintain productive working relationships with all team members.
- Set up training classes and perform OJT’s. When complete, set up the Practical’s with training to get operator certified in areas.
- Participate in continuous improvement and team building activities.
- Reinforce/ Support Compliance related R2, ISO 9001, ISO14001, ISO 45001
- Learn QMS and documentation systems for maintaining and supporting certification sustainability
- Work with Supervisor to lead QA Meetings
- Assist Supervisor with Recognitions to employees.
Work Schedule - 2nd Shift - Monday to Thursday, 4:30pm to 3:00am.
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge :
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years demonstrated quality experience
Cross training in two or more job areas (includes current) are required
- Ability to be a certified trainer in multiple areas
- Full understanding of work process and flow
- Ability to use a personal computer and enter data with basic software
- Ability to work independently
- Establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices.
- Lead and mentor QA team members.
- Bending, squatting, kneeling, reaching, twisting, exposure to changes in temperature, being near moving machinery, and office machinery.
- This position requires incumbents to regularly sit at a desk and operate standard office equipment such as a computer and bar scanner
- Employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, lift, carry and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
- Required to use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- The noise level in the work environment is low, and it is an Electro-Static Discharge (ESD) safe area; wrist strap and smocks must be worn at all times
- 0% Travel
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge :
- One year or greater of previous experience working in a manufacturing environment
- One year of greater of Quality Assurance/Inspection experience
- Any verbatim written procedure compliance experience
- Familiar with basic electronic test equipment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively and positively with all levels of company personnel
- Previous experience as a QA lead
Assurant is a global provider of lifestyle and housing solutions that help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We protect, connect, and support over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles, and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 300, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit https://www.assurant.com/
Assurant is committed to providing a competitive rewards package which goes beyond the value of your paycheck. We offer an array of market-competitive benefits and resources to support your physical, emotional, financial, and social wellbeing goals. These include programs to help you invest in your financial future such as savings programs, as well as competitive health and wellbeing benefits to support you and your family.
Health Coverage Starting Day One: We offer competitive health and wellbeing benefits to support you and your family. You can choose from a range of health and dental plan options, as well as health plan accounts.
Disability and Life Insurance: We provide short- and long-term disability insurance, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
Retirement: Assurant offers retirement savings plans globally. U.S. based employees are offered a 401(k) plan in which Assurant matches 100% of every dollar contributed, up to 6 percent of eligible pay.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Assurant’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) allows employees to purchase shares of Assurant, Inc. stock at a 10 percent discount with funds contributed through after-tax payroll deductions.
Career Development: Assurant offers a variety of internal courses, workshops, special projects, coaching and mentoring programs. Tuition reimbursement and other professional enrichment opportunities are also available to encourage continuous learning.
Work-Life Balance: We strive to provide a work environment that encourages work/life balance. Options depend on job responsibilities and may include flexible work schedules, telework, paid time off and part-time employment.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.