At Assurant a Senior Software Engineer analyzes requirements and designs, codes, tests, installs and maintains application systems, programs, functions, services, and other related software components in response to enterprise needs of high complexity. We are looking for a thoughtful, adaptive individual with a growth mindset to join our growing team.
In this role, you will work closely with our product teams to create APIs and web applications to serve customers with an engaging, dynamic user experience. We are looking for people with expertise in .net Core and Angular 6+. Responsibilities include solving problems, experimenting, and building features that we measure for value to our users. Candidates must have strong communication skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, sound judgment, and the ability to be productive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Build scalable, highly reliable product features
- Design, implement, and maintain applications used by both mobile and desktop clients
- Work closely with client developers to architect high-throughput systems
- Create and maintain documentation pertaining to code and engineering processes
- Work in a collaborative environment by occasional pair and/or mob programming
- Evaluate technical capabilities, options and strategies
- Communicating with Engineering Managers and Product Owners to plan and prioritize work and design technical solutions
- Work in a cadence of two week sprints with daily stand-ups and bi-weekly retrospectives
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Grow subject matter expertise in programming, product, and platform
- C# expertise
- 7+ years of .net/.net core
- 2 years of .net core experience
- 1+ years of Angular 6+ experience
- Hands-on knowledge of version control systems such as Git
- Experience with SQL Server, other relational database engines and relational database design
- Knowledge of RESTful API design
- Ability to demonstrate technical know-how through individual contributions, pair programming exercises, and architectural designs
- Strong oral and written communication skills to create a productive communication environment with team members and stakeholders
Preferred Experience: Skills and Knowledge :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Service Fabric
- Knowledge of Microservice based architecture patterns
- Documentation skills to translate requirements into specifications for program objects, functions and systems.
- Estimation skills for cost, effort and duration of product deliverables of high complexity
- Analysis skills for technical problems and solutions of high risk
- Advanced programming skills in targeted languages and utilities for the mainframe and/or distributed environments
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum best practice processes and techniques
- Understanding of quality assurance and testing procedures, processes and techniques employed within areas of technical specialty
- Experience with TDD/BDD frameworks
- Knowledge of concepts, tools and processes used for estimating, tracking, managing and reporting work
- Experience in client/server and n-tier development principles including understanding of Object Oriented modeling, analysis, design and programming
- Willingness to participate in mentoring and skills transfer among team members
- A continuous learning mindset that keeps you current on development best practices and trends
- Desire for a deep technical understanding for the problems at hand
- Ability to balance trade-offs between speed and quality based on business priorities
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.