As a Senior Underwriter, you will be underwriting applications with guidelines set for the issuance of policies on a standard or substandard basis. Your role will be to support Assurant's growing Global Housing product lines and help us determine whether to accept modify or decline a risk through a careful evaluation of information pertinent to the decision. We are seeking individuals who are naturally able to analyze problems and make decisions, as well as plan and organize effectively. If you are looking for growth opportunity, to be able to work within a collaborative team environment, to help make an impact within a Fortune 500 company, and more, this would be a great fit for you!
This is a 100% remote work from home position.
Work schedule will require you to work 8:00 am to 5:00 pm or 9:00 am to 6:00 pm EST Monday through Friday. Must be flexible to work few hours over the weekend based on business needs.
What you'll do:
- Determine whether to accept, modify or decline a risk through the evaluation of information pertinent to the decision.
- Analyze data to determine benefits and rates.
- Contact with others to gather information on which to base and defend underwriting decisions.
- Contact with Department of Insurance.
- Create or review rating materials for accuracy.
- Reply to Department of Insurance complaints.
- Assist on information needed for Market conduct and compliance requests.
- Implement Company Moratoriums.
- Communicate program changes to clients via bulletins, and/or review and recommend policy language changes.
What you bring:
- 3 years or more of experience in underwriting or in a P&C insurance industry position.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Experience with internet, Microsoft products; Outlook, Word, Excel, Dynamics CRM.
- Applies and develops basic skills to procedures for the position.
Travel Requirement : 10%
Assurant is a global provider of lifestyle and housing solutions that help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We protect, connect, and support over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles, and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 300, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit https://www.assurant.com/
Assurant is committed to providing a competitive rewards package which goes beyond the value of your paycheck. We offer an array of market-competitive benefits and resources to support your physical, emotional, financial, and social wellbeing goals. These include programs to help you invest in your financial future such as savings programs, as well as competitive health and wellbeing benefits to support you and your family.
Health Coverage Starting Day One: We offer competitive health and wellbeing benefits to support you and your family. You can choose from a range of health and dental plan options, as well as health plan accounts.
Disability and Life Insurance: We provide short- and long-term disability insurance, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
Retirement: Assurant offers retirement savings plans globally. U.S. based employees are offered a 401(k) plan in which Assurant matches 100% of every dollar contributed, up to 6 percent of eligible pay.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Assurant’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) allows employees to purchase shares of Assurant, Inc. stock at a 10 percent discount with funds contributed through after-tax payroll deductions.
Career Development: Assurant offers a variety of internal courses, workshops, special projects, coaching and mentoring programs. Tuition reimbursement and other professional enrichment opportunities are also available to encourage continuous learning.
Work-Life Balance: We strive to provide a work environment that encourages work/life balance. Options depend on job responsibilities and may include flexible work schedules, telework, paid time off and part-time employment.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.